Associate Director - Comparative Industry Duties And Responsibilities - "Your Role"
You will be a key member of the IHS Markit Economics and Country Risk comparative industry team. You will analyze, forecast, and write on key industries. You will also play a key role as the IHS Markit Economics and Country risk site lead in Petallying Jaya. Key Responsibilities Include
Your Key Qualifications And Skills Include Job Requirements - "About You"
- Forecast industry outlook in key countries
- Author insightful in-depth reports on topics of interest to customers
- Provide customer briefings at conferences, onsite presentations, and via webcasts
- Respond to internal and external client inquiries
- Participate in regular calls with colleagues and customers
- Support the firm's commercial expansion by accompanying sales representatives to client and prospect meetings
- Mentor and support other Economics and Country Risk colleagues in Petallying Jaya
- Be in regular contact with other business lines' site leads in Malaysia
Job Benefits - "What We Offer"
- Master's degree in economics or a closely related field with rigorous economics coursework
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience, whether in a commercial or academic setting
- Fluency in English
- Strong analytical proficiency and be comfortable with quantitative analysis and advanced forecasting tools, as well as proven competence in handling international economic data
- Good communication skills (written as well as verbal)
- Knowledge of Eviews will be a plus
- The candidate will be required to have strong mentoring and interpersonal skills.
- Cash incentive plan and equity award
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with a team of very diverse areas of expertise
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.