About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Job Purpose
The Delivery Lead will be a key member of Trade IT Development team and responsible for managing Agile Development teams and ensuring delivery of high-quality software that meets functional and non-functional requirements. The role holder will form a key part of a fast-paced, ambitious, delivery programme.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate Software Delivery
- Represent the team to management and management to the team
- Work closely with the Product Owner to ensure a healthy, refined Product Backlog for the team
- Responsible for teaching and coaching Scrum values and practices
- Ensure adherence to delivery schedules and attendance at Daily Stand-up meetings
- Remove roadblocks and obstacles where the team is not able to do so
- Assist the Product Owner in shielding the team from external interferences
- Enable close cooperation across all roles and functions
- Facilitate team member specialization and generalization of tasks
- Schedule Sprint Reviews at the end of each sprint with the Product Owner
- Schedule and facilitate Sprint and Release Planning meetings
- Primarily a facilitative, servant leader and a Scrum process coach.
- Monitor Sprint tasks to ensure success but does not create or assign tasks (the team creates and assigns tasks)
- Regularly and physically meets with the team members
- Coordinate with resources and teams across different locations
- Good Stakeholder Management Skills
- Responsible for capability development of the team/ unit
- Responsible for conducting appraisals, feedback & handling work allocations for direct reports &
- reviewing the same for indirect reports.
- Responsible for managing the career growth, motivation & retention for the assigned group
- Continuous management of the Trade Application System risks
- Proactively identify issues and actions
- Monitor and remediate issues and actions from audits
- Awareness of the regulatory world and knowledge of AML, Fraud, Screening, Data Quality needs and ensuring these are catered for in the functional design
- Ensure adherence to Systems Development Framework and control processes
- Ensure delivery of all software artefacts
- Coordinate across different teams and locations
- Capability development of the team/ unit
- Conducting appraisals, feedback & handling work allocations for direct reports & reviewing the same for indirect reports.
- Managing the career growth, motivation & retention for team members
Our Ideal Candidate
- Business and Operations (Product Owners)
- Trade IT Team
- Interface IT Teams
- Technology Services Teams
- Production Support Teams
Educational Qualification/Certification :
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent degree
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Experience in managing Agile Delivery Teams
- Latest technology architectures and design - Micro services, Web and Mobile applications
- Cloud-Native application deployments and Containers (Docker)
- Exceptional troubleshooting and investigative skills. In possession of a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- The ability to manage competing priorities from a variety of stakeholders.
- Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering a solution that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
- Should have participated in, and be familiar with, SDLC and Agile (Scrum) project methodologies
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs
- Relevant experience of 10+ years
- Banking/FinTech experience preferred
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.