About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Enterprise Data Management Integration (EDMI) is the award-winning integration platform and foundation for implementing modern service-oriented architecture and API strategy of the bank. EDMI unifies connectivity between disparate systems across the bank and is vital for the bank to conduct its day-to-day operations.
As a SOLACE Developer/Engineer, you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of messaging solutions required for EDMI on SOLACE messaging platform.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Setup messaging platform for EDMI on Solace, Build, test and release messaging patterns.
- Work closely with Product Owner and the team to define work items, plan, estimate and sign-up for the delivery
- Manage own work priorities, deadlines and deliverables fulfilling your commitments to Product Owner and fellow team members
- Adhere to the quality standards and ensure your work is done to the highest possible quality
- Continuously focus on improving your technical and teamwork skills
- Record of strong individual technical achievement, capability to deliver robust technical solutions from concept to production
- Strong programming skills in server-side Java with expertise developing integration solutions with web services and messaging using platforms like webMethods, Mule or Fuse
- Good knowledge of distributed systems, APIs and protocols (HTTP, AMQP, JMS, MQ, SOAP) and experience developing resilient mission-critical systems
- Excellent understanding of good messaging practices and experience applying them in your work
- Demonstrated teamwork skills, preferably in agile and lean environments
- Proficient webMethods 9.5 and later with experience of JMS, in Broker, Solace or UniversalMessaging
- Good to have MQ /ActiveMQ /RabbitMQ understanding
- Good understanding Messaging concepts- Guaranteed Delivery ,Duplicate delivery check, message correlation, Ack-Nack etc.
- Experience in Installation (server and product patches/fixes), development, debugging, analysis, testing, monitoring, production release, cutover
- Devops, automation of testing, deployment for CI/CD, Agile(SCRUM, Kanban)
- Good communication skills- expected to coordinate within bank business teams for requirement gathering, status reporting. Also coordinate with vendors such as Software AG, Database, Network,OperatingSystem, Loadbalancing
- Understanding of different message types- XML, SOAP, JSON,JMS,REST
- Experience with infrastructure, security, scaling, support,troubleshooting, monitoring, alerts, messaging patterns, integration patterns,API, cloud,SOA, microservices principles
- Good to have experience with below
- protocols- AMQP,HTTP,HTTPS, SSL,TLS, FTP,SFTP
- OS-RedHat Linux
- webMethods IntegrationServer,Broker,Solace,Adapters, write custom java services, API gateway
- Adapters-MQ, JDBC
- eStandards-SWIFT, IFX
- Tools-Designer, Eclipse or similar IDE for java, SoapUI, testing tools, Jenkins, GIT, SVN, Springboot,Prometheus, Grafana,Microservices container,Elastic stack
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .