Senior Associate – Cyber Response
KPMG Emerging Tech Risk & Cyber help leading organizations worldwide effectively manage and protect their most valuable data across a broad spectrum of evolving threats and scenarios.
KPMG Malaysia Cyber Response team assist client with detecting and responding to cyber breaches by providing immediate response services. KPMG Malaysia Cyber Response professionals have experience in investigations, digital forensics, and recovery which help organization secure evidence, understand what happened, and mitigate risks.
Working as part of our Cyber Response team, you will be responsible for the following:
• Performing incident response and digital forensics investigations activities on various type of industries. These includes:
o Incident Response and handling
o Perform host and network forensic investigations including Windows, Linux and Mac
o Compromise Assessment & Threat Hunting
o Working on Open source Digital Forensics & Incident Response tools such as ELK, Log2timeline etc.
o Working on Endpoint Detection & Response solutions
o Customization and enhancement of processes and open source tools wherever required
o Automation for speeding up processes and activities carrying out during engagements and pre/post Incident analysis
o Cyber Incident Simulation and Table Top Exercise
o Red Team and Blue Team Exercise
o Malware analysis and reverse engineering
o Provide consultation and assessment on perceived cyber security threats
o Writing first draft of reports detailing findings and recommendations, preparing presentations and assist team lead in communicating to clients on the requirements/findings.
• Possess strong enthusiasm and interest in Cyber Security
• Ability to work with regional and global team members to achieve overall team goals
• Able to document technical information for executive level reporting and presentation
• Ability to work unsupervised and within team environment
• Able to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English
• Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Researching and analyzing known Incident Response methodologies, latest Cyber attacks, tools and techniques
• Developing subject matter expertise in topics related to Cyber Response
• Conducting training and knowledge sharing with other team members
Qualifications and Education requirements
o A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Cyber Security/Digital Forensics/any related field
o 2-3 years of experience in performing Incident response and/or digital forensic analysis in support of Incident response (preferable with BIG 4 experience)
o Candidate with the following certification would have an advantage: CHFI, GCIH, GCFA or any relevant SANS training/certifications
o Experience/understanding of security principles, policies and industry best practices
o Exposure to a range of industries would be ideal, but not essential. Likely industry exposure will include government, health, telecommunication, energy & natural resources, manufacturing and finance.
o Must be willing to be on-call off hours in rotation with other team members
o Strong analytical and management skills