Senior Business Analyst
- Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 21 Apr 19
Senior Business Analyst
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible to provide direction on solution from a standard product / architecture perspective.
- Participate in key decision-making discussions liaising with business stakeholders.
- Provide necessary data analysis and profiling to the team and business.
- Responsible to provide guidance on standardization of interfaces with other applications.
- Knowledge management for MIS applications including business rules, mapping documents, data definitions, system functions and processes.
- Responsible for stakeholder management and help the team to collect the requirements/help to fine tune the requirements
- Responsible for cost estimations for requirements received.
- Deliver/Review/Approve functional specification to the development team while collating the requirements from various stakeholders
- Provide guidance and mentor the Junior BAs in the team.
- Provide hands-on management and guidance for the development team from a requirements perspective
- Knowledge in BI Modelling and design preferably with Teradata / Hadoop background
- Able to analyze, define and document business and functional requirements for ongoing projects, with orientation toward phased approach based on rapidly evolving needs.
- Responsible to manage the change request effectively and efficiently during the project delivery with all agreed controls.
- Align with the bank process and standards and ensure there are no deviations.
- Graduate degree in the area of computer science or relevant degree
- 15+ years of experience with at least 10+ years in banking domain/product knowledge with IT working experience.
- Good domain knowledge of banking systems and products such as Retail, CIB, FM, Securities etc.
- Previous business solution experience is mandatory
- Great data analytics and can conduct deep dive into business needs plus data profiling and fact finding
- Experience in data modelling
- Good communication and Stakeholder management skills
- Very quick learner with strong interest in banking domain.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management.
- Team player.
- Ability to seek and gain consensus in a multi-cultural, cross-border and matrix reporting environment
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.