Senior Business Analyst
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Senior Business Analyst will be a key member of Trade Solutions Engineering team and responsible for delivering the functional design and mapping business requirements to systems/technical design. The role holder will form a key part of a fast-paced, ambitious, delivery programme. The Role Responsibilities
Deliver Functional Design
Adherence to Risk & Data Quality Management Requirements
- Participate in business process re-engineering
- Play proxy Product Owner role (as required)
- Work closely with product management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value
- Support Product Owner in product backlog management and prioritization process
- Lead the product release planning and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Ensure that Agile development team always have an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Assess value, develop cases and prioritize stories, epics and themes with acceptance criteria to ensure focus on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Support Product Owner in gathering and analysing requirements and breaking them down into Epics and User Stories.
- Design the system capabilities as per requirements and create appropriate design documents (FSDs).
- Ensure well defined Acceptance Criteria that will help in Test Driven/ Behaviour Driven Development
- Walk through user stories with the development team and provide functional clarifications
- Provide functional consultancy support to development team for Technical Design
- Prepare User guides, Business Cases, Training Material
- Providing functional support during User Acceptance/Integration Testing
- Functional analysis of SIT/UAT/Production defects and recommend solutions
- Walkthrough the User Manual/ Production User Verification scripts with users
- Continuous management of the Trade Application System risks
- Proactively identify issues and actions
- Monitor and remediate issues and actions from audits
- Awareness of the regulatory world and knowledge of AML, Fraud, Screening, Data Quality needs and ensuring these are catered for in the functional design
- Coordinate with resources and teams across different locations
Our Ideal Candidate
- Operations (Group, Regional, Country and Hubs)
- Business - Product/Sales/Segments (Group, Regional, Country)
- Technology - Delivery Teams and Technical Architecture
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent degree
- CBAP certification preferred
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs
- Knowledge of web-based systems architecture, Micro service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering a solution that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
- Agile project methodologies
- Relevant experience of 10+ years
- Banking/Fintech experience mandatory
- Trade Finance domain experience preferred
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.