Systems Management Specialist-Software
We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it's important they are running at their best. As a Systems Management Specialist, you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it's our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production, we are seeking skilled systems management professionals ready for the challenge.
Your Role and Responsibilities Role and responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots various server and storage environments when issues arise and provide resolutions.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues within core infrastructure applications and services to ensure service levels are met.
- Implements new hardware and software projects, providing documentation and procedures based on functionality of the environment.
- Ensures 24x7x365 availability for identified internal mission critical server, application and storage services.
- Assists in establishing performance and maintaining standards, policies and procedures.
- Researches, designs and recommends new technology systems and solutions.
- Expertise in designing, planning, and implemented Object Storage data storage technologies
- Troubleshoots storage systems as needed to maintain operational integrity and coordinate efforts with vendors for upgrades and maintenance.
- Defines, documents, and implements procedures for backup of cloud-based and on-premise systems and data.
- Provides periodic reports on the performance, stability, scalability and suitability of all managed production systems.
- Provides technical guidance and mentoring to less senior members of the staff.
- Participates in the change management process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a mixed Microsoft/Linux/AIX environment with at least 5 years directly involved in large size environments
- Experience with enterprise SAN and complex fiber channel and NFS storage environments with at least three years directly involved in supporting enterprise storage needs
- Expertise in architecting and implementing Object Storage technologies such as Ceph, IBM Cloud Object Storage, Openstack Object Storage
- Strong experience building and supporting IaaS environments.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong knowledge in Storage Area Network. familiar with IBM SAN products as Enterprise Tier 0 and Tier 1 storage system.
- Manage zoning, disks, arrays, LUNs, and perform software/hardware maintenance as appropriate
- Advise customer on efficient use of SAN storage to meet business needs (capacity planning & performance)
- Plan and implement SAN storage for SQL, Oracle, VMWare ESX and Windows file servers
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.