Team Lead – Data & Analytics
Unique opportunity to form part of a team of data professionals to expand the Firm's Data & Analytics business in Malaysia. As we continue to grow talents in data analytics unit within the Firm, we are looking for more Team Leaders within the Team. Our team of data professionals live with the clear purpose to help our clients to connect business and technology. We are an award-winning data and analytics team with diverse background to offer cutting-edge solutions tailored to the local market.
The selected Team Lead is expected to support the management team, i.e. the Senior Manager and Director in overseeing work quality and deadlines for the team. The Team Lead is also expected to manage project and be the client's first contact point. Successful candidate will be involved in requirements gathering, resource planning and team management. This includes support and validate the team's work and coach team members while contributing part to the development of the BI projects. We look for an experienced individual who carries open and honest communication and possess strong growth mindset. Ability to work in a collaborative and agile environment is a must.
• Act as the project advocate and primary point of contact for client managing (issue and enquiries) and escalation
• Collaborate with business process leads to gather the business requirements, documenting the findings and decisions within acceptable standards and templates
• Translate requirements and work with the development team on the execution and implementation during projects
• Communicate requirements to development teams and business process leads and manage updates to the required documentations
• Develop project definition documents, including, scope, schedule, work plan, resource requirements, approach, requirements, budget forecasts, schedules, risk registers, and benefits realization estimates
• Help ensure traceability from business requirements through user acceptance testing as well as interface with the testing team and help prepare for testing
• Report project status and participate in project review meetings
• Act as a Project Team Leader: collaborate with the Technical Lead and development team, facilitate team meetings as required, ensure follow up with all stakeholders and update project documents
• Manage/support project activities, output deliveries and maintain the quality and integrity of project deliverables
• Co-ordinate ad-hoc project tasks to deliver results in timely and effective manner
• As a Team Lead, we expect the candidate to have sound IT technical skills and be able to coach/guide the team to resolve complex technical issues.
• Minimum 4 years of experience in data and analytics, preferably in a professional services environment
• Familiarity with Data and Analytics or Business Intelligent
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
• Ability to gather business requirements, conduct user acceptance testing, perform business process analysis
• Capability to identify ambiguity and propose necessary specificity to eliminate ambiguity and ensure alignment with Business Process Lead's intent
• Ability to positively influence, mentor and be a credible source of knowledge to less experienced team members
• Growth Mindset and possess a Can-Do attitude
• Independent, self-motivated, organized and results oriented
• Able to undertake multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines