UI Frontend Developer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Frontend Developer will be a key member of Trade IT Development Team and responsible for translating User Stories into high quality software that meets functional and non-functional requirements. The role holder will form a key part of a fast-paced, ambitious, delivery programme. The Role Responsibilities Software Delivery
- Build & deliver software using standard framework and design patterns.
- Develop scalable real-time low-latency processing solutions in an agile delivery method
- Develop secure software components that can be reused for building multi-grained services.
- Adhere to governance and standards and ensure alignment with framework patterns.
- Develop and maintain automated testing
- Manage work on tools/modules deliverables from concept to completion as per project timelines
- Brainstorm and suggest design solutions based on user/product requirements
- Contribute towards an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Experienced developer who has created and developed UI/UX frameworks and components in agile development teams
- Experienced frontend developer that has extensive experience on design led development of user centred products.
- Partner with stakeholders to capture requirements and deliver solutions -deep understanding of the problem and context along with ownership are key to be successful in this role
- Collaborate with stakeholders to make strategic design, new features and functionality
Our Ideal Candidate
- Product Owners
- Business Analysts
- Agile Development Team(s)
- Production Support Team
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent degree
- JAVA Certification preferred
- Technical Tools: Confluence/Jira/Bitbucket or Git, CI/CD (Maven, Git, Jenkins), Eclipse or Intelij IDEA
- Agile development experience
- Build Tools (Gulp, and webpack), Jenkins, Docker, Automation, Bash, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kibana
- Relevant experience of 5-7 years
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.