The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have. Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Business Consultant. Principal responsibilities: Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
Business Analysis and Design
- Understanding wide array of approaches to information gathering that supports effective problem solving
- Able to navigate through unclear problems and develop structure and definition
- Applying structured thinking in presenting analysis and conclusions
- Taking ownership of solving problems end to end, solving discrete problems systematically and independently
Innovation and Idea Management
- Understanding the end to end process of designing, developing and deploying target operating models
- Articulating the use of basic level business models and operating models and participating in their development
- Key contributor within an engagement team to test and refine designs with stakeholders
- Performing effective analysis and gap assessment to the required level of granularity based on different stakeholder needs / views
- Analysing the current state, identifying the future state and then validating assumptions with stakeholders to align with business requirements
Delivery at Pace
- Demonstrating confidence in putting forward new ideas, and testing new ideas with colleagues and peers
- Supporting requests to develop thought leadership and methodology collateral
- Identifying opportunities to bring new and efficient ways of working in the project
- Participating in activities to improve D&I methodology
- Keeping abreast of industry trends to bring innovative ideas to the business solutions / engagements
Resource and Team Management
- Building and maintaining a reputation for reliable, efficient and effective delivery of business solutions
- Understanding the importance of managing own time and workload
- Immediately highlighting/escalating any off track activities and bottlenecks slowing the success of delivery
- Identifying the opportunities to accelerate the delivery of the projects and acts on them
- Promoting pace and energy within the team
Planning and Plan Management
- Understanding the resource and scheduling process
- Clearly understanding own role and the role of others
- Endorsing team engagement initiatives, fostering learning and collaboration
- Promoting and demonstrating self-development (e.g. training)
- Providing ongoing visibility of project timings and commitments
- Identifying necessary steps for the completion of discrete sets of activities with some appreciation of stakeholder perspective
- Supporting the team and coordinating with stakeholders to facilitate the documentation of scope, quality, cost and effort
- Proactively monitoring plan execution and provides comprehensive updates, taking ownership of any assigned plan
Leading Self and Others
- Understanding the purpose and priorities of the organisation, both now and in the future
- Thinking commercially to identify opportunities to develop business from new/existing internal customers
- Considering impact and dependencies of the group priorities for the project and its deliverables
- Challenging business decisions based on domain knowledge
- Understanding expectations of their role on each engagement
- Investing time to understand the needs, ambitions and expectations of others
- Training/coaching the use of frameworks to less experienced colleagues
- Listening to developmental feedback from line management and making a conscious effort to address these
Qualifications Requirements: Knowledge
- Being open, honest, clear and inclusive in communication
- Actively listening
- Using appropriate communication tools
- Taking account of how others may interpret words and actions
- Demonstrate knowledge of trends and issues facing the industry and in particular those that affect their business area
- Be able to articulate to stakeholders the targeted benefits for a change intervention.
- Be knowledgeable about HSBC's environment including: structures; business drivers; Group and businesses' strategy;
- Be knowledgeable of the external environment including: Main banking competitors; Innovation & Technologies; Regulatory environment; Key events in world / local news that could impact HSBC; Global economy;
- Utilise financial skills to develop a high level business case, considering investment and high level benefits.
- Basic knowledge of banking, key domains and change industry.
- Knowledge of change management, project management and target operating model design methods
Qualifications and Accreditations
- At least 5 years of experience working on business consulting/Industry experience in large complex organisations.
- Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise ideal.
- Demonstrated ability to build, maintain and navigate the organisation using formal / informal networking skills.
- Demonstrated experience with organisational change and business transformation
- Problem solving and analysis skills
- Some experience in managing others
- Experience supporting the definition of a business problem, and solutions based on data.
- Experience of validating and prioritising business requirements.
- Good experience with data analysis and interpretation.
- Some experience in supporting the facilitation of requirements / design sessions.
- Familiarity and experience with financial services business and governance models.
- Typically, qualifications would include an undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- MBA is beneficial.
- Local industry accreditation e.g. ACIB (Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers). Optional.
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation need will be prioritised.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.