Lead, Release Manager (IT)
- Selangor, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Hong Leong Bank Berhad
- 17 Aug 17
Lead, Release Manager (IT)
Release Manager require to interface and communicate with Test Managers, Dev Managers, IT Ops and the PMO on a daily basis's. Equally a Release Manager must be confident enough to manage up and provide reporting as well as meeting updates to the Senior IT Management as well as business management.
You will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various Portfolios The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. Where necessary you'll provides tools and services to help Application team/ Infra team and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for the progression of code in the development, test, and production environments. The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments. This position also works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
The Release Management responsibilities also include building the IT Release Calendar in working closely with the IT release managers from different portfolios across Bank IT and centralizing view of all releases. Leads the effort of defining the IT strategic direction for release management tools for IT to ensure the process requirements of release management are build in. The Release Manager will assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured.
The principal relationships are with the following: -
- Group Information Software Application team
- Process and Governance Team
- Project business owners, project managers
- Business Relationship Manager
- Group Service Management team
- Release Management team
- Group Infrastructure team
- Group IT Security team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Audit experience preferred, GPRIS,MAS, HKMA, ISO
- Formal training in project management practices preferred.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- ITIL Expert V3
- ITIL Foundation V3 is require.
- ITIL intermediate in Service Transition or/ and ITIL Managing of LifeCycle is preferred.
- Related Microsoft Office certification or prove and expert level knowledge of Word, Excel, Power point, and Microsoft Visio.
- Formal training in project management practices preferred