Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Project Manager
. Principal responsibilities
Project Managers are required to take decisions and lead change initiatives and on occasions manage stakeholder and senior management relationships. The jobholder will not be subject to close supervision, and will be expected to exercise independent initiative and judgement in proactively overcoming obstacles to success, dealing with uncertainty and changing circumstances, such as interdependencies, opportunities or risks. He / She will be expected to adopt an agile and flexible approach to work and an outstanding level of professionalism and conduct. Value Creation:
- Plans effectively around delivery constraints and optimizes the plan to maximize benefits and minimize risk. Ensures the baselined scope, requirements, benefits, schedule and budget are managed as outlined in Business Transformation Frameworks
- Proactively monitors project execution to effectively identify risks/issues/dependencies as they arise throughout the project lifecycle.
- Collaborates and builds positive stakeholder relationships providing regular updates, obtains buy-in from the project sponsor, Steering Committee and other stakeholders for all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements.
- Analyses management reports, and derives insights from it to drive the right business decisions
- Manages Change Adoption to ensure the change lands well and sticks, contributing to benefits realization.
Capability and People Development:
- Produce a well-defined project plan, identifying the key milestones and assigning responsibilities / resources in line with Compliance Transformation Project Management Framework.
- Provides timely reports on project status, risks and issues, evaluating project performance based on management information using standardized metrics and templates in Clarity.
- Maintains project change control, ensuring any changes to baseline are managed through change request and all impacts are considered
- Promotes and takes accountability for project quality; identifies opportunities to improve delivery and oversees the governance process to reduce risk and ensure effective and timely decisions are taken
- Identifies and shares the resource requirements of the project, to the Program Manager requesting the appropriate skill set and/or experience
- Defines high level responsibilities and objectives for members of their project team and ensure the individuals are being used in accordance with their skills and resource request
- Acts as a role model to create and maintain a collaborative team environment which supports and encourages the professionalism and development of our teams
- Understanding of the project lifecycle
- Business Transformation Frameworks and best practice techniques
- Agile / scrum methodologies of project delivery
- Understanding of key activities for Change Adoption
- Knowledge of project management tools such as Clarity/ JIRA/ MS Project
- Understanding of banking / HSBC and understanding of how change drives benefits for HSBC, its customers and other stakeholders
- Domain knowledge on any of the following: Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Risk, Compliance, Payments &
understanding of the purpose, value, culture and fundamentals of Compliance Transformation Experience
- Relevant experience on complex projects across countries or regions
- Organizational skills and ability to pick up work right away
- Understanding of banking and/or financial services industry and/or shared services organizations
- Delivering significant change and collaboration with stakeholders across locations
- Ability to interact and influence stakeholders at appropriate level
- Self-driven approach
- Problem solving ability with adherence to deadlines and tight timeliness
- Experience in project tracking (setting up project plan, managing risk and issue log, reporting and governance)
- Experience in Change Adoption processes - Plan and implement change intervention to enable smooth transition and embed changes and transition to business as usual, from requirements gathering, communications till training final user
- Experience with transformation changes Design & Initiation (D&I) are an advantage
- Planning and Plan Management
- Risk and Issues Management
- Global Mindset
- Decision Making
- Lead Self and Others
- Business Case and Benefits Realization
- Change Adoption
- Financial and Budget Management
- Tracking, Reporting and Governance
- Stakeholder Management
- Resource and Team Management
- Delivery at Pace