Relationship and Portf Team Ld
- Selangor, Malaysia Selangor Selangor MY
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 21 Jun 18 2018-06-21
Relationship and Portf Team Ld
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Through Business Banking our global network offers comprehensive support, advice and services to businesses in the SME market. From setting up a new business to managing the cash and trade flows of an established enterprise, the Business Banking team of Relationship Managers and Business Specialists provides a range of end-to-end solutions designed to help small and large businesses reach their potential.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of Senior Team Manager - Business Banking.
- Contribute to the growth and profitability of Commercial Banking business by formulating and implementing aggressive business development plans to meet or exceed agreed business targets for the branch and reviewing them regularly with Head of Business Banking.
- This includes development of tactical strategies for implementation and tracking for CMB Kepong to drive growth;
- Ensure profitability and quality lending by considering all strategic and key risk issues when evaluating and approving facilities within his lending limits or recommending for approval those exceeding his limit and ensuring that the quality of CMB Kepong credit portfolio is maintained;
- Contribute to the growth of Global Trade & Receivable Finance (GTRF) business in CMB Kepong by supporting and active participation in GTRF formulation and implementation of an aggressive sales plan with strong focus on increasing utilisation of facilities and delivery of efficient and fast service;
- Contribute to growing Payment and Cash Management (PCM) business in CMB Kepong, by providing support to the promotion and sales of HSBCnet, Internet Banking and other new PCM services as and when they are launched by MYH;
- Manage the sales activities of Account Managers (including Amanah) and Acquisition Teams under his/her charge for the development of new CMB business. Including effective management of top CMB relationship by maintaining close rapport with them and joint visits with the Account Managers;
- Ensure that operational control procedures are implemented and complied with established guidelines. Credit reviews are kept up to date and distress signals are promptly dealt with;
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulations;
- Ensure that BIM and MYH/BNM guidelines are strictly adhered to;
- Conduct meetings and briefing sessions as required to impart knowledge, integrate team-working, assess performance and updates are a necessary part of the role - for the team in CMB Kepong Enhance the image of the Bank by participating in public functions, initiating community projects and maintaining close contact with local government agencies and top valued customers;
- Contribute to the performance and development of his/her staff.
- At least 8-10 years of managerial experience;
- Sound lending experience in commercial banking with exposure in corporate lending and trade services;
- Possess strong credit evaluation; good marketing and sales management skills;
- CCP (Certified Credit Professional) accreditation an added advantage;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Self-motivated and results oriented;
- A good team player.