CEO - Commercial Banking - Malta
Rapidly growing E-driven retail/commercial bank in Malta requires a CEO to lead on their next-stage growth plan.
The firm has a strong business plan and has had a history of accelerated growth over the last 10 years. They now seek a visionary leader to drive their commercial and retail banking operations.
Reporting directly to the board of the group with headquarters in London, you will have full operational oversight of both the retail and commercial banking business lines. The firm has invested a huge amount in its technology offering that includes internet banking, card services, payments, treasury, cash management and financing applications. The plan is to continue to drive growth and set out a strategy for expansion but at the same time ensure a safe, transparent and compliant operation through outstanding risk management practices.
Like most organisations, the challenge of moving from a start-up to full enterprise requires exceptional leadership, a dynamic working culture, real vision and a plan. Your job is to lead from the front and build a business that will thrive now and in the future.
Key deliverables will include building a strong relationship with the Maltese Financial Services Authority, taking the lead in promoting and representing the bank externally; playing an active part in industry working groups, ensuring that the highest standards of service are met at all times; defining the strategy for new product and service lines and creating a working culture that is enriching, challenging and progressive amongst a myriad of other responsibilities.
- At least 10 years of Banking experience at a senior managerial level (CEO, Regional MD or CFO / COO level).
- Strong experience leading in the boardroom - defining vision, strategy, operational governance, financial governance and objective planning.
- Excellent people leadership qualities, from the floor to the boardroom. The firm is seeking a very inclusive leader who can pull together an excellent management team.
- Strong understanding of financial services governance: audit, risk (prudential & conduct), compliance and financial crime.
- Very strong understanding of commercial lending and trends in the market
- A strong sense of the competitive landscape of banking in Malta and an ability to analyse, differentiate and deliver growth.
- A post-graduate qualification is expected: MBA, MSc, ACA/ACCA/CIMA, CFA etc
- A strong hands-on, customer focused approach.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Philip Charsley on 0203 465 0110
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.