Equity portfolio analyst
- Salary to be defined according to profile and experience
- Monaco, Commune de Monaco Monaco Commune de Monaco MC
- Permanent, Full time
- 02 Aug 18 2018-08-02
As an international investment company based in Monaco, we are looking for an Equity Portfolio Analyst. He / She will work as part of a team responsible for equity portfolio management, implementation, portfolio construction, monitoring of asset exposures and formulation of asset allocation views. The candidate, ideally, a CFA charter holder, or part qualified, should have an institutional background with buy-side experience in equities.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- In-house portfolio stock research, screening, analysis
- Maintenance of relevant investment management information and analytical information
- Input into active portfolio management and security analysis
- Implementation of investment decisions for individual equity portfolios
- Input into External Manager selection and supervision
- Day-to-day monitoring of portfolio positioning, trade executions, cash management and compliance within pre-existing guidelines
- Ad hoc investment related projects
- Dealing checks, controls, planning and oversight of execution
- Addressing Investment Committee requests
- Liaising with other departments internally, including Senior Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts, Legal/Compliance, Sales/Marketing, Trading and Investment Operations/Accounting
- Project-based initiatives related to process improvement and implementing new strategies
- Following financial markets to contribute to Asset Allocation
The candidate will:
- Work collaboratively with the equity team to develop the equity investment portfolios including both in-house and external mandates;
- Calculate, monitor, research, and interpret financial metrics and performance targets and communicate to the Team and CIO;
- Review and challenge forecasts, valuations and quarterly results as compared to market peers and industry benchmarks;
- Report to and work closely with Senior Portfolio Managers.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- You have in-depth knowledge of equities acquired through your buy-side experience in an institutional environment.
- You show a real interest in the financial markets, industry regulations and portfolio management.
- You are detail-oriented with strong quantitative and analytical skills that can be leveraged to evaluate portfolios.
- You have the ability to prioritize, multitask and work effectively within a team in a deadline-driven environment.
- You can demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and build relationships within a team and throughout the organization.
- You have an ability to think holistically, understand end-to-end processes and reconsider the status quo.
- You have developed a proactive and inquisitive approach towards new challenges and problem-solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and ideally in French
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact with Senior Management on a regular basis
- Ability to represent the Company at professional and business functions in a competent manner
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines
- Excellent IT and financial modelling skills
- Strong emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to influence within own department and across the organization
Education and Experience
- CFA or MBA or equivalent highly preferred – or willingness to undertake and complete CFA examinations
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field from a top European College or University preferred
- A minimum of 3 years’ successful buy-side experience in an institutional environment is required
Looking for a professional and stimulating work environment?
Ready for a long-term collaboration?
Please send us your application. All your information will be kept confidential.