Process, review, record, maintain and reconcile financial transactions in the Regional Hub. Provide financial analysis and oversight over all financial transactions in the Regional Hub to ensure compliance with internal financial controls and Bank rules. Support detailed analysis, annual planning and periodic forecasting of...
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES Financial Accounting:
- Update and maintain the general ledger and charter of accounts to reflect the transactional activities of regional hub accounts, ensuring that proper books of accounts are maintained for effective financial control in accordance withBank standards and local statutory requirements.
- Reconcile sub ledger reports on a monthly basis in addition to creating thefinal trial balance to ensure quality and efficiency in the deliverables.
- Registration and maintenance of Regional Hub’s fixed assets; evaluation offixed assets and adjusting for depreciation as per fixed asset accounting policy.
- Manage cash flow and petty cash in Regional Hub and ensure that all transactions are recorded clearly.
- Examine and analyse accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources, in accordance with Bank rules and regulations.
- Elaboration of the internal expenditures’ control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in SAP.
- Timely and accurate approval of bank reconciliation, includingdocumented review of exceptions.
- Perform financial analysis as requested for both internal and external use.
- Analyse financial or operating data to satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Assess data for integrity and analytical purposes as and when required.
- Assist in standard or ad-hoc analyses to meet variety of management objectives.
- Verify all vendor invoices and prepare for approval to ensure a smooth and efficient payment processing.
- Manage invoicing and the collection of receivables and payments.
- Ensure proper recording and accuracy of all transactions related to payroll at Regional Hub, ensuring compliance with payroll processes.
- Review and validate payroll summary reports for Regional Hub through coordination with the relevant HR Team.
- Review the reimbursement of staff related costs, including business travel and medical expenses.
- Initiation of bank transfers and deals, selecting bank transfers and deals for approval and settlement.
- Timely review of cash position for local accounts to ensure sufficient fundson hand for disbursements.
- Primary contact with local bank management on routine operational matters including negotiation of exchange rate on replenishments.
Policies and Procedures:
- Contribute to the formulation of policies and guidelines governing accounting practices at the Regional Hub.
- Provide guidance on interpretation of IsDB Group policies and procedures, and legislative regulations applicable for the Regional Hub.
Academic and professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Professional qualifications like CA, ACCA or CPA would be preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in finance and accounting, preferably in a multilateral sector.
Skills & Necessary Knowledge
- SAP ERP experience.
- Knowledge of the multilateral bank sector.
- Financial Management.
- Business Process Knowledge.
- Passion for Excellence
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving.
- Advanced MS Office skills, especially Excel.
- Good knowledge of the local regional markets and work culture in the specific Region.