Senior Associate - Credit & Structuring [Rabat Office] [French Speaking]
- Rabat, Rabat-Sale-Zemmour-Zaer, Morocco
- Permanent, Full time
- ITFC - International Islamic Trade Finance Corp
- 19 Sep 17
Evaluate trade finance proposals and conduct detailed due diligence, credit and financial analysis, risk scoring, and produce a risk-focused Credit Memorandum (CM) to support sound credit decisions under the guidance of a Credit Manager. Contribute to the formulation of credit recommendations on structured transactions including structured transactions. This includes assessing credit risks and risks associated with commodities, identifying optimum ways to mitigate the risks in a manner that safeguards ITFC’s interests. Requires entry-level Credit Professional with responsibilities to undertake thorough financial and credit risk analysis in trade finance transactions and devising suitable structures and security packages to mitigate those risks.
• Performing credit evaluation on structured trade finance deals for corporate clients and SMEs (secured & unsecured), Banks & Financial institutions by conducting detailed due diligence including financial, business and structure risks under the guidance of the Credit Manager.
• Contributing to the preparation of the pre-deal document including financial spreading and initial counter party risk rating, in accordance with eligibility criteria to seek department clearance on the proposed financing structure and contribute to the preparation of the initial terms & conditions (IT&C)
• Supporting Credit Manager(s) in obtaining all business, financial and any other related information, in coordination with the concerned Relationship Manager and other concerned staff (i.e. Legal, Operations, Middle Office…etc), to enable comprehensive risk assessment and formulation of sound credit opinion on the client
• Under the guidance of Credit Manager(s), assigning counter party risk rating - Probability of Default (PD) and Loss-Given Default (LGD), recommending exposure limits and appropriate security and covenant packages, devising sound and robust financing structures on complex trade transactions including structured finance, and assessing proposed collateral while ensuring compliance to the relevant policies & guidelines
• Supporting the Credit Manager(s) in the preparation of credit memorandum, jointly with Relationship Managers and other concerned staff, for corporate clients & SMEs (secured & unsecured) Banks & Financial institutions and providing write-up for the credit analysis sections highlighting associated business, financial and structure risks, financing structure, proposed collateral, risk matrix as well as risk rating and exposure limit
• Under the guidance of Credit Manager, recommending Collateral Managers and Insurance providers, in coordination with Middle Office, and reviewing related documentations including collateral management agreement, insurance policies and other security documents in order to ensure complete transaction security
• Supporting Credit Manager(s) in monitoring ITFC portfolio (Corporate clients, SMEs, Banks & FIs) and performing periodic credit review in support of operation rollovers and revolving and reporting any deterioration in financial standing of the clients, collateral value, business and country risk for appropriate credit decisions
• Supporting Credit Manager(s) in building and maintaining strategic partnerships with collateral managers and insurance providers for the respective markets; and in collaborating with Middle Office on execution of structured deals.
• Ensuring required files and data and created and regularly updated on ITFC IT systems i.e. IMAL and others