BlackRock Multi-Asset Strategies & Solutions Portfolio Management - Associate/VP
Description About this role Multi-Asset Strategies & Solutions
BlackRock's Multi-Asset Strategies & Solutions (MASS) group provides investment strategies and solutions that employ sophisticated asset allocation, rigorous risk management, and extensive research to deliver specific outcomes tailored to client needs. Through our comprehensive portfolio approach, diversified return drivers, end-to end partnership and technology, our multi-asset platform is crafted to deliver outcomes with more precision. MASS includes specialized capabilities in areas of tactical asset allocation, income funds, target date and target risk strategies, as well as customized solutions through state-of-the-art portfolio construction and asset allocation methodologies. Our team of over 250 multi-asset investment professionals manages a range of pooled vehicles, model portfolios, and customized mandates for a diversified client base. Currently, MASS manages over $640 billion in assets and has a strong presence in San Francisco, New York, London and throughout Asia Pacific. Who we are
The Client CIO - Pensions portfolio strategy team designs, implements, and takes charge of portfolio construction and asset allocation expertise to resolve our client's investment challenges. The team covers Outsourced CIO solutions as well as bespoke investment mandates oriented around client outcomes for pension schemes. Rooted in BlackRock's longstanding culture of objective problem-solving, the team collaborates with partners around the firm to deliver high quality investment solutions for our clients. What you will be doing
What you should have
- Focusing on EMEA pension scheme clients, (covering both existing Outsourced CIO/fiduciary clients as well as helping drive our business development efforts)
- Acting as primary interface for an existing book of clients, including partnering closely with internal partners and the lead client representatives
- Working in an advisory and portfolio construction capacity
- Performing analyses on a broad range of topics, including asset allocation, portfolio construction, liability driven investing, risk management and implementation standard methodologies
- Engaging with pension scheme trustees / corporates to understand their unique circumstances, investment objectives and constraints and applying portfolio and risk analytics to support investment decisions and portfolio outcomes
- Supporting the development of our business through RFP responses and creation of presentation material
- Attend client meetings with lead CIOs to assist in providing portfolio analysis and reviews
- Supporting ad hoc research and contribute to articles and white papers on relevant topics of interest
We are looking for people who are:
- Minimum of 4 years of financial services or asset management experience
- Good understanding of financial markets, and ideally some experience in one or more of the following areas: Pension funds, asset allocation, LDI and derivatives
- Proven record of academic achievement, work ethic, and leadership
- A genuine inclination for quantitative analysis and the ability to work through sophisticated problems and challenges to provide innovative insights
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain multifaceted topics to non-technical individuals in writing as well as verbally
- Dutch language skills will be highly a dvantageous.
- Curious: You like to learn new things and are happy to challenge the status quo
- Empathetic: You have an uncanny ability to "put yourself in others' shoes"
- Passionate: You feel personal ownership for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
- Open: You value and respect input from others
- Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
- Intellectual: You want to outsmart the problem
- A teammate: You enjoy collaboration and build trusting and positive relationships quickly
- Self-motivated: You can drive projects forward with little direct supervision
- A fiduciary: You maintain the highest level of integrity in every aspect of performance
- Multi-taskers: You are able to handle various projects simultaneously
- Committed: You are professional, organized and committed to excellence
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.