Credit Risk Cluster Leader Modelling
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- ABN AMRO Bank
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
Credit Risk Cluster Leader Modelling
- Location: Amsterdam , Nederland
- Area of expertise: Risk Management
- Organization: ABN AMRO Bank N.V.
In het kort
Measuring and effectively managing risks is key in banking. The need for modelling in core banking processes, including risk management, is expanding rapidly. New technologies, new data sources and data driven solutions create an enormous amount of opportunities. On the flip side, these opportunities result in competition from unexpected parties on a high pace. ABN AMRO intends to make a step forward by exploiting these new opportunities and strengthen the competitive position.
Risk Modelling has the ambition to develop risk models that enable offering our clients a sustainable price that matches their risk profile. The team has the ambition to be leading, agile and on the cutting edge.
Risk Modelling is structured in a matrix organization. The Head of Modelling together with Process Cluster Leaders and Risk Type Cluster Leaders form the Leadership Team. The Process Cluster leaders, on one hand, are responsible for overall coordination across risk types, and the Risk Type Cluster Leaders, on the other hand, are responsible across all process types for a specific risk type area. The modelling group is responsible for Credit Risk (PD, EAD, LGD, Scorecards), Market Risk in the Trading Book, Counterparty Credit Risk, Interest Rate Risk & Liquidity Risk, Stress testing, Provisioning Modelling and EC. The current vacancy is related to the Risk Type Cluster Leader for Credit Risk.
The Risk Type Cluster Leader for Credit Risk is responsible for models in the Credit Risk area. He/she determines and monitors quality standards, sets the boundaries of what is expected from the teams, coaches the teams to realize and optimize (qualitative and quantitative) their operational deliveries and is pro-actively involved if boundaries are tested. The jobholder also has general knowledge of the other risk types to be able to represent Risk Modelling in an appropriate manner towards stakeholders. He/she represents risk modelling to other Risk Management departments, the business, IT, in various committees, Management Teams, change grids, and towards the regulators. The jobholder also has the aim to educate on and bring awareness about risk modelling within the organization and to actively promote risk modelling inside and outside of the bank. Furthermore he/she is responsible for coaching a part of our Modelling team on their personal development.
- Is part of the Risk Modelling department which consists of ± 80 FTE
- Has a coaching role for part of the quants pool ( approx. 10 FTE)
- Represents risk models covering the entire balance sheet of ABN AMRO in terms of credit risk.
- Academic quantitative master's degree or PhD
- English fluent;
- >10 years of experience in a financial environment of which > 5 years in a quantitative environment and at least 5 years in a senior or managerial role
- Strong coaching skills aimed at initiating cultural change
- Thorough knowledge of credit risk modelling
- Thorough knowledge of rules and regulations and regulatory trends relevant for risk modelling (Basel, IFRS, CRDIV/V, etc.)
- Experience in communication with DNB/ECB, on-site inspections and thematic analysis
- Strong personality with respect to interaction with internal stakeholders, regulators and other external stakeholder
At ABN AMRO, we use our knowledge, expertise and network to help our clients within and outside the Netherlands achieve their goals based on responsible decisions. Our clients' interests always come first. We want clients to understand our products, and we sometimes say 'no' if a product involves a risk that is too high for the client. Putting clients' interests first also means communicating in plain language and crafting smart solutions that genuinely make a difference. That is our goal.
Are you interested? Please apply. For more information you can contact Marije Elkenbracht, firstname.lastname@example.org.