European Treasury Manager
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands Amsterdam Noord-Holland NL
- Permanent, Full time
- Albemarle Corporation
- 03 Aug 18 2018-08-03
Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we. When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Albemarle Corporation is seeking a Treasury Manager to be based in Amsterdam, Netherlands at its subsidiary, Albemarle Finance Company BV. This site operates as a European Treasury Center in support of Albemarle's businesses and functions.
- Manage day-to-day cash positioning for the Treasury Center pool structure; provide sufficient daily liquidity; execute funds movement and appropriately invest excess cash balances.
- Manage the underlying clearing/current general ledger accounts which serve to Pay on Behalf Of and Receive on Behalf of affiliated companies.
- Provide oversight and support for cash accounting and financial Close processes for treasury related activities, which may include inter-company loan positions, global multi-currency netting, foreign currency exposure management, preparing and analyzing cash flow forecasts, and daily treasury operations management.
- Interact with a variety of functional areas within the company, including Controllers, Tax, Legal, Audit, and the Business. Lead and/or participate in cross functional projects related to strategic treasury initiatives.
- Manage guarantee and letter of credit issuances and associated fees.
- Manage and monitor specified cash investments.
- Manage monthly global netting process for intercompany settlements.
- Manage within the established SOX controls; evaluate and recommend improvements which enhance the control environment.
- Manage cash forecasting, by entity, working with global treasury team to ensure a consolidated global cash forecast (short/medium/long-term horizons).
- Perform as a backup to Global Treasury Manager for any debt, investment or key treasury activities.
- Support foreign exchange exposure management and evaluate solutions in relation to financial risks (FX, interest rates and commodities); assist with hedge execution and hedge accounting documentation, as appropriate.
- Support analysis and implementation related to various strategic treasury projects, as required.
- Partner with Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer on regional bank relationship management.
- Manage local treasury staff
- Build and maintain awareness of leading treasury practices, identifying and recommending opportunities to advance department toward best in class.
- Prepare and provide various reports in close cooperation with all internal and external parties involved.
- Accountable for internal and external audit results within areas of responsibility.
- Ensures that Albemarle practices and policies are appropriately followed.Other duties, as requested.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or similar field
- Minimum of 5-10 years related work experience in treasury, banking or similar role
- Demonstrated experience in managing global cash and knowledge of principles of liquidity management and corporate funding
- Working knowledge of financial risk management principles, including hedge accounting
- Excellent process improvement, business acumen, and technical skills to support a variety of activities, including complex modeling for cash and interest forecasts
- Solid analytical competence and robust financial modeling capability using Excel
- Self-motivated with strong multitasking proficiency
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Sound judgment and strong decision-making skills
- Demonstrated experience managing project teams and working cross-functionally
- Experience managing domestic and foreign bank and investment accounts
- Experience executing spot and forward foreign currency transactions
- Demonstrated financial derivative experience, including development of hedge documentation
- MBA or master’s degree in accounting, finance or similar field
- CTP, CPA or CFA certification
- Supervisory experience
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today via the 'Apply' button.
Agency calls are not appreciated.