- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands Amsterdam Noord-Holland NL
- Permanent, Full time
- ACT Commodities
- 16 Mar 18 2018-03-16
Do you want to work for a fast growing company in an international environment which gives you the opportunity to help building up the organization? Would you like to be part of the development of the automation process within the finance and logistics department? Would you like to work closely with the management team being able to answer their questions?
As Financial Controller of our company you will have to undertake several aspects of the financial management to get a better understanding of the figures and their impact on the future growth of the company. This will be achieved by providing reliable financial reports in an efficient and timely manner, monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of the financial processes and by taking initiative in highlighting processes which are slowing down the growth of the team and the company as a whole.
- Coordinate monthly close activities, sub ledger reconciliations and balance sheet specifications;
- Ensure timely and accurate consolidation ACT Group for P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow;
- Coordinate and prepare (group-level) management reporting;
- Own the weekly flash and rolling forecast process and ensure timely and reliable information. Effective performance of the (weekly) cash management for ACT Group;
- Ensure timely and compliant VAT filings for the Dutch entities;
- Assist Financial Planning (budget, LE and rolling forecasting) process in close coordination with the business controllers.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor or Master degree preferably in Finance or Business Administration;
- At least five years relevant work experience of which one or two years experience as a financial controller and three years in a big 4 company;
- Fluent in English, preferably native speaker;
- Experience with commodity trading and financial instruments is a plus.
As a Financial Controller you are creative and able to think logically. Furthermore you are an ambitious and practical person. Besides that you are result oriented and stress resistant. You also have attention to details and show initiatives. Next to that you like to pick up new projects and are focused on quality.
- The opportunity for coaching sessions with an external life coach every week;
- Exciting events including a yearly international company weekend;
- An inspiring design office with an indoor football field;
- Friday afternoon drinks in our inhouse bar and external locations.
ACT Commodities is a global leader in trading environmental commodities. Founded in 2009 as one of the first companies to pursue this market, we are now one of the largest specialized trading firms in the fields of carbon emissions, biofuels, renewable energy, and energy efficiency, on a global scale. This is complemented with widespread activity in the oil and petroleum markets, which expand our scope covering the intertwined world of energy and fuel commodities. ACT Commodities operates out of both Amsterdam and New York.
Would you like to learn more about the position and our company please contact Robbert Groenendijk, Recruiter, on 020 - 21 99 262 or apply directly via the application button.