Founding Partner | Search & Recruitment | Repositioning Talent
A leading global consulting firm (not a big-four) known for its strong presence in Finance, Analytics, GRC and the IT Consulting space with a diverse set of local and international clients, is keen to hire junior/ mid-level GRC Business Consultants - to support the continued growth of the firm.
The GRC consultant will be a part of the governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) technology tool(s) desk to support a framework providing process efficiency, improved data management and reporting for clients. Creating a custom demo for prospective customers, directly interfacing with customers and demonstrates complex solutions will be an active part of the role.
Due to the entrepreneurial environment within the desk, the prospective consultant will have a quick learning curve on GRC tooling topics as well as on project management. Within a short period of time the consultant will be a subject matter expert on different topics and be able to lead small project teams.
As a Consultant/ Senior Consultant you will learn to identify areas of risk and opportunities to improve efficiencies. You will build your client network and develop relationships with client personnel and professional associates by the ability to communicate clearly and gain the trust of clients.
About the hiring/Line Manager
- IT Manager with a strong track record in IT process improvement projects, IT audits and GRC programs and software implementations
- Heading the oversight and coordination of the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) services for the Netherlands office for the consulting group
- Bachelors/ HBO or Masters degree in a techno-functional discipline (business and IT focus) or professional certification in Technical Business Administration, ICT among similar degrees
- Affinity to IT tooling systems and a desire to develop themselves in the field of different GRC tooling
- Interest in IT Risk Management
- Operational risk experience would be plus, or interest to work in op risk projects
- Affinity with IT and business processes (financial, logistics, customer service, etc
- Familiarity with audit, business controls and segregation of duties will be preferred
- Willing to work in a project environment in the role of advisor
- Strong communication skills in Dutch and English-written & verbal
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Positive, self-motivated and an exceptional desire to win
- Strong people skills: team-oriented, fast learner and personable understanding of business requirements and functionality
- Ability to quickly identify and analyze technical risks & impacts and define alternatives & prioritizations to remove technical roadblocks. Ability to manage multiple deliverables independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers and senior management
- Highly motivated self-starter. Ability to act as an advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching decisions
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group and to achieve results through team efforts. Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment and/or crisis situation and contribute to decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct
- Consistently proven ability to contribute to project implementations and concept developments
- 1st round Interview- scheduled with the line manager and peer member of the GRC Consultancy desk to ask questions and to get a good understanding of what is on offer
- 2nd round- professional and competency based dialogue with the HR department
- 3rd round and final interview with the Managing Director, resp. for the Dutch Team discussing strategy as well as having a personal discussion on your motivations and what they could offer you for the short - and long term
- The Consultant/ Senior Consultant will report to the Engagement Manager and will also have a Career Manager to ensure a steep and fulfilled learning and professional curve within the organization