Head of Finance
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Jan 18 2018-01-18
The Head of Finance will be a member of the 'founding team' of the company which intends to expand significantly in the next years. You will set-up and head the accounting department. The main responsibilities of the Head of Finance (reporting to the COO) will be to oversee the accounting and other financial services to be provided to their clients, and to coordinate the bookkeeping and preparation of financial statements of these clients by the accounting team.
Our client is based in Amsterdam, and is part of a wider group founded in 2011. They are active in corporate finance advisory as well as render corporate, financial and management services.
They aim to provide company incorporation, management, accounting and corporate secretarial services in the Netherlands to medium-to-large corporates with an initial geographical focus on Turkey, Eastern Europe and the CIS. They assist clients in executing the financial, accounting or fiscal advisory received from advisors, and provide tailor-made solutions to the companies that are incorporated in the Netherlands as a result of the advice. Through the parent company, they maintain sound and active relationships with reputable financial institutions world-wide.
They provide a tailor made approach to each client taking into account the clients' commercial objectives and needs, as well as business and cultural practices with the aim to create a service level which reflects the clients' priorities.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Managing a portfolio of (Dutch) holding and financing companies of international clients;
- Liaising with clients, auditors, tax and legal advisors and investment managers;
- Setting-up and subsequently managing the accounting team and overseeing the financial services to the clients;
- Assist with the accounting of the company itself;
- Assist in preparing the budget of the company;
- Analyzing legal, financial and fiscal data and documents and extracting financial data;
- Preparation of accounting records (debtors, creditors, banks), performing reconciliations and analytical reviews
- Monthly/Quarterly management reporting;
- Preparing financial statements (Consolidated/Standalone in accordance with Dutch GAAP (IFRS is an advantage) and assisting the external auditors with the audit process, if applicable;
- Preparing and filing of VAT declarations;
- Preparing Corporate Income Tax calculations and reviewing Corporate Income Tax returns.
- A financial-administrative/accounting degree at Bachelor or Master level or a comparable level achieved through exposure and experience;
- 5 - 10 years experience in the Dutch trust sector or other similar experience with multiple clients / geographies;
- Hands on experience with corporates from customer due diligence, know your customer and related risk management concepts;
- Managerial skills and ready to take active role in a start-up company environment;
- Structured, accurate, flexible, hands-on and able to deliver your best work when facing a tight deadline;
- Positive personality and willing to work in a small business environment with potential to grow rapidly;
- Good communication skills coupled with the ability to liaise with people internationally and a fluent proficiency of the English and basic understanding of the Dutch language (knowledge of another language is considered a plus); and an affinity with the dynamics of emerging markets is an advantage.
Details given upon request.