Internship Accenture Research
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Nov 18
See job description for details
The impact you will make as a Research Intern : During your internship, you will be contributing to the knowledge development and strategic analysis of the Global Research group of Accenture, working with Research experts on emerging topics. C
Digital Technology in the Chemical Industry
How will digital technology change the chemical industry in the Netherlands? Which developments do companies in the sector see, and how are they responding to these?
What will the chemical plant of the future look like?
During your internship, you will research the implications of digital technology in the Dutch chemical industry. Focus of this analysis are the use of digital technology in chemical plants, supply chain, and its use in interaction with customers.
Through desk research and interviews with companies in the chemical sector you will gain insight into the priorities and strategy of the main players. Additionally, you will work closely with experts at Accenture to supplement insights from the interviews and analyze the findings, bringing this together into an in-depth perspective of the future of the sector.
Team and work environment
You will work in a mixed, international team. You will be part of the Accenture Research team in the Netherlands, working closely with colleagues from the Utilities and Energy teams locally. During the research, you will interact on regular basis with experts of Accenture Global Research across the world, and you will have the opportunity to contribute to global initiatives.
- You are in the last year of university (master), ideally in technical studies, or in business studies or economics, with affinity to the electricity sector/chemical sector;
- You have a clear affinity to business strategy, innovation and digital technology;
- You are a team player, and have strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with colleagues from different cultures and locations;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English;
- You take initiative and can work independently (in a supportive environment).
What we offer
- You will receive close support from your direct supervisor, as well as from a team of experienced consultants;
- You will receive internship compensation, and a laptop;
- The internship offers you the opportunity to conduct your thesis research, supported by the guidance and expertise of Accenture's Research experts;
- You will gain experience of working in a leading global consultancy and technology firm.
- Duration: 6-8 months
- Weekly work hours: 40
- Location: Amsterdam: flexible work station
- Start date: As soon as available
An assessment will be part of the selection procedure.
Accenture is a global professional services company with a full range of services and solutions in the areas of strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. With unparalleled experience and specialized skills in more than 40 market sectors and all business functions Accenture operate at the intersection of business and technology. These activities are supported by the largest global delivery network. The extensive range of Accenture enables customers to continuously improve their performance and create sustainable value for shareholders. With more than 394,000 people who support customers in over 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
About Accenture Research
Accenture Research provides data, analysis and insights to Accenture, working closely with the senior executives in each of the industries, geographies and businesses. We have nearly 290 researchers in our global team. Most specialize in an industry (such as Chemicals) or Growth Platform (such as Strategy or Digital); some bring a particular research skill (such as survey research or economic value modelling) and many combine two or more areas of expertise. On any given project we will bring together researchers with the best combination of industry, geographic and technical skills to provide the relevant expertise for the particular task.