Network Automation Developer - Amsterdam
- EUR120000 - EUR200000 per annum + Benefits
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 04 Sep 17
My Client, a leading technology-driven trading firm are looking for a development professional with a focus on automation/development of low latency networks.
Network Engineer - Amsterdam
My Client, a leading technology-driven trading firm are looking for a development professional with a focus on automation/development of low latency networks. The person will be someone who is passionate about all aspects of networking and gets a thrill out of designing, implementing and supporting high-performance networks.
You are a highly capable engineer with an appetite for accuracy, and are not afraid to go beyond the standard text-book concepts of networking. You dare to dream of how things could/should be in terms of next-generation networking & automation, and are able to articulate new/fresh ideas to your fellow colleagues. You thrive on working with your peers and cross-functional teams and are able to motivate and encourage people around you. Ability to clearly communicate - both verbally and written - technical concepts and challenges to both technical and non-technical stakeholders is a must.
The Network team here are responsible for designing, implementing and supporting the WAN, LANs and all low-latency connectivity to trading venues. They work closely with the Systems Engineers, other teams and external parties to provide best in class infrastructure solutions supporting our trading business.
- Improve our infrastructure in terms of quality & reliability, by automating repetitive workflows, testing complex network scenarios & by daring to challenge the established standards of the networking-industry. Python is our way to go, in a collaborative fashion.
- Design, implement and support the European networking infrastructure. Key areas include low-latency networking, unicast and multicast routing, BGP, PIM SM, as well as things like QoS, STP, NAT, protocol tuning, etc.
- Monitor, guard and analyze the proper functioning of our network infrastructure, not necessarily bound by standards like SNMP - Think APIs. Take adaptive, retentive and corrective measures and perform structural maintenance.
- Accurately create and maintain documentation detailing the implemented network components, as well as relevant procedures and other documentation.
- Responsibility for our IT security related platforms. Key areas include Palo Alto firewalls, Juniper MAG SSL gateways, VPNs, Security policies, etc.
- Work flexible hours. We are proud of the uptime of the trading environment, so every now and then you will be working outside of regular business hours to apply critical changes. This could be from your desk, your couch at home or also inside of one of our datacenters abroad.
- Liaise with external vendors, exchanges and providers to explore new technology & solutions, implement new innovative services or troubleshoot problems.
- EU driving license
Please send me your CV if you're interested in having a chat about this.