Opportunity Analyst Customized Advice (Amsterdam) - Amsterdam
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands Amsterdam Noord-Holland NL
- Permanent, Full time
- ABN AMRO Bank
- 17 Aug 18 2018-08-17
Opportunity Analyst Customized Advice (Amsterdam) - Amsterdam
At a glance
Customized Advice is an advisory service concept offered to the top clients of the bank such as Private Wealth Management and Institutional & Charity clients. These clients often require investment advice that goes further than what is offered to all clients. Further in terms of depth and in terms of opportunities. The Opportunity Analyst Customized Advice will be responsible for delivering opportunistic, strategic and in-depth thematic investment solutions for these clients.The Opportunity Analyst is part of the Global Equity team. The Global Equity team is responsible to manage high quality investment (DPM)_and advisory portfolios and provides strong support to client servicing activities. This affects a significant part of the total Assets under Management of ABN AMRO private banking (around EUR 81 billion in total). The Opportunity Analyst will be part of the broader team, but with a dedicated focus on Customized Advice.Are you ready for a next step? We will provide you a challenging environment in which you are able to develop yourself both professionally and personally. You will be part of a team of an international team of investment experts servicing the most important clients of the bank. Tell us your story. We are curious!
As Opportunity Analyst Customized Advice, you are responsible for the following:
Deliver opportunistic, strategic and thematic recommendations to the Customized Advice, PWM and I&C network for advisory clients
• Understand client needs and delivers tailor-made content that fits the needs of the Customized Advice, PWM and I&C clients.
• Delivers, aligned with the advisory rules & guidelines of ABN AMRO and in the best interest of the client, top quality equity recommendations to private clients of ABN AMRO. Aim is to increase the competitive power of the investment services of ABN AMRO, adding value for the clients and optimizing return for the Business Units servicing these clients.
• Contributes to the overall equity strategy and equity thematic research products, produces regularly strategic equity updates and pro-actively informs and advices the network of these updates.
• • Actively supports and challenges the Equity Experts on a continuous basis by initiating discussions aimed at generating new ideas for opportunistic, strategic and thematic ideas and developing these ideas into a concrete research products with a strong link to our individual stock and fund recommendations.
• Communicates the investment views of ABN AMRO both internally and externally aimed at maintaining an uniform level of servicing and communication on equity research both internally (across the various countries) and to external clients as part of building and extending the position of ABN AMRO as leading investment authority in the market.Convinces the Customized Advice, PWM and I&C network of the investment ideas
• Understands client needs and delivers investable solutions that fit the client needs within the advisory concepts Customized Advice, PWM and I&C.
• Is a driving force behind the internal use and acceptance of the investment research in general and with a focus on equity and fixed income research and helps to ensure that is adds value to the business, always taking the best interest of the clients into account.
• Internal clients (portfolio managers, investment advisors and bankers) will be supported covering all details on identified themes.
• Gives input and support to local CIO's in order to create a uniform investment advice on opportunistic, strategic and thematic (equity) themes throughout the global ABN AMRO private banking organization.
Your working environment
The Global Equity department is part of the Investment Centre of Global Products & Solutions. Investment Centre develops investment and other financial solutions & services for the bank's private banking activities in 6 markets globally, as well as for retail banking operations in the Netherlands.
The Investment Centre is the ABN AMRO competence centre for Investments and Asset Management. The department develops the ABN AMRO Investment Strategy in all its aspects and be responsible for delivering high performing Investment portfolios for Discretionary Portfolio Management (DPM) and Advisory.
The department supports the investment policy decision making process by delivering content for both Advisory and Discretionary Management clients in the various countries and client segments, important elements like the overall outlook for financial markets and instruments, strategic asset allocation, investment themes and portfolio proposals. These activities are supported by communication and investment risk specialists and in a complex international environment across multiple locations, multiple client segments and in a mix of cultures.
You embrace change and work best in a dynamic environment. You combine your expertise and customer focus in order to build an offer that answers the very actual needs of our customers and stakeholders. You have a very good understanding of Equity Markets and the dynamics within these markets. You have experience in equity research. You have strong knowledge on financial markets. You are sensitive to cultural differences and know how to connect and build bridges. You have a strong networking and communication skills to be able to influence and convince key stakeholders.
Do you think you have a fit with us? Check your profile:
You have a University degree in economics, finance or in social sciences applicable to finance, preferably complemented with professional certification (CFA, post graduate) with at least 10 years working experience.
You have good communication skills are able to influence and convince key stakeholders.
You speak fluent English and Dutch. French or German is a pre.
What we offer
You will be part of a renewed global organization in which you will have an opportunity to help to further build and transform one of the leading segments within the One Private Bank. You will have a significant role in achieving the goals of our compelling story; Harmonise, Digitalise, Grow. All of this in a dynamic international environment. The role of Opportunity Analyst is new to the organization and as such you will have the opportunity to help building it.At ABN AMRO, we use our knowledge, expertise and network to help our clients within and outside the Netherlands achieve their goals based on responsible decisions. Our clients' interests always come first. We want clients to understand our products, and we sometimes say 'no' if a product involves a risk that is too high for the client. Putting clients' interests first also means communicating in plain language and crafting smart solutions that genuinely make a difference. That is our goal.