Flow Traders is looking for an experienced Python Developer to join our growing Systems Engineering team in Amsterdam. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
What you will do
As a developer in the Short Lifecycle Products team, you'll be working closely with our traders to provide solutions when they are needed - as soon as possible!
That means taking a pragmatic approach to software development - it doesn't mean cutting corners, but we favour working code in production over beautiful design documents, and we like getting things done.
Trading is an incredibly dynamic and fast-paced environment, so if the requirements change in the middle of the project, that's fine - we adjust.
We're working on tools that might not necessarily be around in a years’ time but can generate a lot of business value today.
Although primarily working in Python, we are language agnostic as a team - you might be helping a trader with a gnarly SQL query one day, doing post-trade analytics and monitoring in Python the next, and writing a Kafka Streams topology in Java the day after. We're looking for financial technologists that can think creatively about solutions.
- Discuss workflows and processes with trading to spot where technology can help drive efficiency
- Write Python code that will help traders monitor positions, risk, market-data, opportunities and operational performance
- Maximize the use of internal data systems such as Kafka, TimescaleDB and HDFS
- Work closely with other Technology teams to ensure our systems are running to their maximum potential
Some of the technologies we use in the development process:
- Python 3 (Pandas, NumPy, gRPC, RxPY)
- SQL, Java
- Atlassian stack:
- Bitbucket for code review. We do all work in pull requests, which are reviewed by other developers
- Bamboo for continuous integration
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years' professional experience as a Python Developer
- BSc or MSc in Computing Science or equivalent
- Previous experience in the financial industry is highly advantageous