My client is a global bank which takes ambitious start up approach to rapidly to grow its Amsterdam Branch to run the whole European operations This offers security and stability of working for a leading global organization combined with significant growth opportunities of a start-up environment. They are looking for a Senior Audit Manager that will be a crucial element in globalizing Financial Crimes Audit area under the transformation.
About Our Client
Amsterdam growing to become one of the biggest European Financial Hubs as Brexit approaches, this densifies the region with the top tier institutions rallying for top spot in the industry.
My client is a global bank which takes ambitious start up approach to rapidly to grow its Amsterdam Branch to run the whole European operations. This offers security and stability of working for a leading global organization combined with significant growth opportunities of a start-up environment. They have great international company culture and very skilled people from whom you can learn a great deal.
They are looking for a Senior Audit Manager that will be a crucial element in globalizing Financial Crimes Audit area under the transformation.
- Informing the audit universe and the related risk assessment, assisting the Regional Head of Audit to produce an appropriate Financial Crimes audit plan and maintain relevant documentary evidence that the plan is risk based and provides the entity coverage stipulated within methodology. Ensure that risk assessments are up to date and accurate.
- Utilise subject matter expertise, knowledge of the business and wider industry knowledge to influence the audit plan and the risk assessments applied to the Financial Crimes audit universe. This includes anti-money laundering, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption.
- Form part of the regional financial crime leadership team, responsible for the execution of high quality audits and opinions in line with Methodology / IIA/ QA requirements.
- Ensure timely and efficient delivery and execution of audit assignments within agreed timelines / milestones.
- Support effective scheduling of resources to complete team deliverables, which accurately reflects availability and assignment requirements.
- Ensure audit reporting and Management Information (MI) is accurate and complete (e.g. Monthly Audit Reports, Audit Committee reporting etc.)
- Deliver continuous monitoring assignments for a set portfolio across all branches and supervise the delivery by Audit Managers where applicable (who may not always be located in the same country). Ensure effectiveness of continuous monitoring which underpins audit activity and areas of focus.
- Maintain constructive relationships with senior stakeholders so that audit planning and delivery are achieved smoothly and professionally.
- Deliver audit reports which are insightful, factually based, impactful and robust, and require minimal rewrite by the Head of Audit. May be required to support multiple engagements concurrently. In addition to this you may also work on a wide range of change management audits, linked to your portfolio.
- During the life-cycle of an engagement you will manage the performance of the auditors on that engagement. This will include coaching and developing team members.
- Champion the implementation of methodology best practice throughout the team, leading by example.
- Display very strong appreciation of risk and control in banking.
- Responsible for agreeing draft Management Action Plan for reports and checking for robustness of actions and proposed timelines, prior to approval by relevant Head of Audit. Ownership of follow-up and validation of audit issues raised.
- Assist the Heads of Audit in preparing third party submissions for the Chief Auditor.
- Work collaboratively with all Internal Audit colleagues regionally and globally to ensure that the quality of work produced globally continues to advance. On occasions, you may be required to act as lead on Global Thematic Audits.
- Attend Bank forums as a financial crimes subject matter expert when requested.
- From time to time, may also be required to take a lead role in non-‘BAU’ initiatives e.g. a working group.
- Audits will predominantly be executed in the Amsterdam office and the other branches (Spain, Austria, Poland, Belgium and Germany), however regular travel to London and occasional travel to New York may be required.
- Extensive experience of working in an audit function within the wholesale / investment banking sector, or similar ‘Big-4’ experience with relevant industry exposure.
- A strong understanding of IIA standards, practices, issue and report writing.
- A strong understanding of compliance and audit within the banking sector.
- Strong subject matter expertise within risk (including IT), financial crimes, business operations, processes, products and controls is required. The candidate should understand regulatory requirements and minimum standards as they apply to the banking sector.
- Proven experience with European banking and financial crime regulations for the region, preferably including direct interactions with DNB or direct exposure to their supervision. Solid understanding of risk management frameworks, expected processes, key risks and associated controls.
- Strong understanding of projects and change in banking.
- Financial Crime relevant qualification or working towards completion (e.g. CAMS, CFCS, ICA certifications).
- Business fluency in English and experience in an international work environment. An understanding of the Dutch language as well as other languages within the region (e.g. German, Polish, Spanish) and culture is helpful.