Founding Partner | Search & Recruitment | Repositioning Talent
(Senior) Manager Data & Analytics, in a high-end consultancy firm (not a big four), to further develop in both the Data Science field and people management direction.
Truly global, highly valued and fast-growing consulting firm (not a big-four) known for its strong presence in IT Consulting, Business Performance Improvement, Internal Audit and Financial Advisory, with a diverse set of local and international clients.
To support the continuing growth of the firm, they are keen to hire a (Senior)Manager within the Data Science Team.
How does the firm distinguish itself?
1. Real and content-driven knowledge
2. Listening to the customer and looking for the solution together instead of slightly adjusting its 'own' model and pushing it into the organization (which sometimes seems to be the case with other Consultancies)
3. Jointly (with the customer) put together a solution, so that the solution is a more permanent one
4. Soft skills - authentic, involved, friendly and professional
- Deal with exciting projects in various area of consulting, including Financial Service Advisory, IT Consulting, Risk Management etc.
- Lead agile data science and automation projects and significantly involved in the success of the projects
- Support in the analysis and optimization of business processes through analysis of key metrics and proposing insightful actions
- Using data and automation to understand and improve business performance. Be curious and comfortable digging deep into data and able to summarize their findings for management consumption, as well as setting up new projects
- Helping decide how their data transformation infrastructure is organized (e.g. how do they store metrics, raw data and other transformed datasets)
- Be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of critical analytics solutions, for example Celonis and PowerBI
- You will be in close contact with the decision-makers on the customer side and know how to address problem solutions and solve them qualitatively accordingly
- BSc. or MSc. in a quantitative field (Econometrics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Physics, Mathematics) preferably with a specific emphasis on a data related field
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in data analysis/data reporting, experience in consulting industry is preferred
- Skilled user of programming logic, database knowledge and tools . Examples include Celonis, Microsoft PowerBI, UIPath, SQL, Python, R, VBA, etc. Note that the interpretation is more important. Statistical knowledge is not a must. Due to the level of seniority, it is more about translating how something is done and the ability to translate/communicate it and guide juniors through this process
- Industry background/ sector knowledge is flexible, preferably commercial markets / industry experience
- Looking for stakeholder expectations, teaching the juniors
- Ability to quickly learn about and familiarize yourself with different business domains (ability to show a clear understanding of “what’s behind the data”)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: able to explain Analytics in non-technical terms to business users
- Basic understanding of data migration, some Machine Learning technics, or data governance would be a plus
- Open to networking and having had experience with building a network is a must in this role
- Entrepreneurship and professional attitude are highly encouraged and appreciated
- Fluent and effective communication in English is required, Dutch would be a plus
- Developing and help shape a team in the consulting industry
- They are in the early stages, hence this role offers much growth and impact, coupled with being global and valued as a truly established partner
- Working on ‘real’ and business critical solutions, instead of only adjusting the existing model and push it into the organization
- An open culture that encourages learning and personal development through mentoring, training courses, and one-on-one coaching sessions
- High level of autonomy
- Working on challenging projects and the opportunity to help build an entrepreneurial consultancy firm, whilst being part of a global consultancy organization
- A competitive salary package with attractive benefits, such as company pension, health insurance, and above market rate bonus structure