UX/UI Product Designer
- Permanent, Full time
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Full time
Want to work in a challenging environment that is constantly evolving? Join DEGIRO and be part of a team that is changing the landscape of online trading!
Who we are
DEGIRO is a European stock broker based in Amsterdam in 2008 that makes global investing accessible for everyone. We empower more than 290,000 clients across 18 countries in Europe with our revolutionary products.
Thanks to efficient technology, investors can save up to 80% on trading cost with DEGIRO. We always put customers first and we are mindful about the trust they have in us. This is reflected in our culture, the way our teams work together and the decisions we make everyday.
If you want to make a difference, have a thrilling experience and you're passionate about trading/investing, come on board and join the ride.
You'll be collaborating with our cross-functional teams (Product Designers, Product Engineers, Product Managers) and develop the platform of Europe's fastest growing online broker. Your work will range from fundamental aspects (such as rethinking DEGIRO products from the ground up) to detailed iterations.
- own the design of our apps and refine it continuously
- refine user experiences, not just pixels
- find simple solutions to complex UX problems
- translate research insights into product solutions
- sketch and prototype ideas to quickly collect feedback and assess viability (even if on paper)
- deliver clear and useable work to our front-end team and fine-tune together
- experience in designing and shipping web and mobile apps, not just websites
- experience in working on finance related projects or data visualization tools
- strong understanding of design principles (Apple Human Interface Guidelines, Android Material Design), trends, techniques and best practices
- understanding of the entire product development process, from problems to detailed UI and visual interaction design
- strong ability to think in modular systems and goal-oriented design
- the urge to create user journeys and prototypes
- a positive self-starter who likes to work autonomously
- empathetic and know the balance between being stubborn and pragmatic
- entrepreneurial and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- a great communicator who explains the reasons behind your initiatives
Nice to have
- experience with HTML/CSS to understand your engineering colleagues
- personal interest in Finance, Investing and Trading
You will be free to choose the tools that are appropriate for you to use. Currently, we use Sketch with Design System made with Sketch libraries, Invision for team communication and rapid prototyping, Principle and Framer to design interactions. We also use Adobe Creative Cloud. If you and your team works more efficiently with other tools (e.g. Figma) we are open to adopting them.
- an awesome role within a fast growing company in the heart Amsterdam
- the freedom and space to be trusted and to get things done quickly
- the opportunity to experiment with new and current product features
- competitive salary
- an insightful career move
- an environment with smart, passionate and creative people (we believe)
- (optional) apartment sharing with colleagues in Amsterdam
- relocation package and a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam
- support with 30% ruling
We will challenge and support you to get the most out of your potential.
If you need further information, you can contact Eveline Spath at firstname.lastname@example.org