Lecturer in International Finance
- €3.392 - €4.661 fulltime base
- Breda, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands Breda Noord-Brabant NL
- Permanent, Full time
- Avans Hogeschool
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
You are happy to share your extensive knowledge and experience of the current modern broad financial era in a globalizing environment with students.
Who: an inspiring lecturer in International Finance who can motivate students
What: enable students to become highly qualified business professionals
When: as soon as possible
Your main objective as a lecturer at the Avans School of International Studies (ASIS) is to enhance your students’ practical and theoretical expertise and to prepare them to become highly qualified professionals in the international business world where financial advice leads to strengthening collaborative sustainability. You will conduct lectures and training sessions within a project-based and competency-oriented curriculum in the Finance & Control (International) programme. You will also tutor project-group meetings and facilitate project-based learning. You will guide students in their research projects during the work placement and graduation placement semesters. You are happy to share your extensive knowledge and experience of the current modern broad financial era in a globalizing environment with students.
Read a colleague’s story to discover what your working day may be like.
- You have a master’s degree in Business Economics.
- Preferably you have recent experience acquired in an international business environment.
- experience of accounting information systems and/or operational auditing
- recent experience in the areas of sustainability, (reporting on) Corporate Social Responsibility, and Governance (CSR), Risk management and Compliance (GRC)
- international professional experience in financial accounting and financial reporting
- expertise in student-oriented teaching methods and business research methods
- Excellent social and communication skills in English and the ability to deal with intercultural differences are a part of your toolbox.
- Coaching and inspiring young people is what gives you energy.
- You obtained or are willing to obtain a ‘Basiskwalificatie Didactische Bekwaamheid’. This is the teaching qualification for lecturers of universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands.
- You are a reflective practitioner or are willing to develop in this area and you engage students in a process of continuous learning.
- You are an excellent team player, genuinely passionate and enthusiastic.
- You are authorised to work in the Netherlands.
The Avans School of International Studies in Breda offers students of all nationalities the bachelor’s degree programmes International Business and Management Studies and International Financial Management. Our programmes are taught entirely in English. We have a dynamic and highly skilled team of 90 staff and around 1,200 students. With more than 20 different nationalities represented among our staff and our students, we offer an international working and learning environment. The school is an active member of several international academic and business networks.
Avans University of Applied Sciences is committed to bringing out the best in people. It enjoys a reputation as an excellent employer. We live up to our commitment by offering attractive employment conditions.
- We offer you a position with a university of applied sciences that offers plenty of opportunity for personal and professional development.
- You will receive a monthly salary in scale 11, €3,392.46 - €4,661.12 gross based on a full-time appointment. This is in accordance with the Higher Professional Education Collective Labour Agreement.
- A year-end bonus in the form of a thirteenth month's salary is a standard remuneration component.
- We offer an appointment as a lecturer, or ‘docent hbo’ in Dutch, for 1 semester, with the possibility of an extension.
If you are sure that this job is the right fit for you and you are keen to join our team at Avans, please apply via the ''Apply'' button before the 18th of June and please note the vacancy number 18/124 when doing so. If you have any further questions about this vacancy, please contact Martijn Roosen, Recruiter, at +31(0) 6-27148536
Only applications that are written in the English language will be accepted.
Please note that this vacancy is advertised simultaneously, internally as well as externally. We will remove this vacancy from our website after the closing date. No rights may be derived from the content of this text. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.