Junior Compliance Officer
- Den Helder, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Nov 17 2017-11-22
Junior Compliance Officer
Junior Compliance Officer
Bank Mendes Gans N.V. is part of ING Wholesale Banking Corporate Clients. We have a vacancy for a Junior Compliance Officer that will also perform tasks for the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO). We offer an interesting and challenging job with a variety of tasks. We are looking for a colleague who has experience in a compliance role or related function (e.g. legal). And who is eager to fulfill this role in a dynamic organization and to further develop the right skills to grow into his or her compliance role.
We offer cash pooling and netting services to large (mostly listed) multinationals and their subsidiaries worldwide ('treasury services for treasurers'). Our products enable them to optimize the use of the liquidity within their company. A lot of worldwide well-known brands are customer of BMG. BMG is part of the Corporate Clients division of ING Wholesale Banking.
Whatever your professional skills, as an employee of BMG you should recognize yourself in the following characterizations:
- Customer-friendly attitude
- Outstanding communication skills
- Dedication to your job
- True hands-on mentality
- A challenging environment with a team of dedicated colleagues.
- A customer centric and result driven mentality with professional, high quality standards
- A organization that values initiative and entrepreneurship
The main tasks and responsibilities of the Operational Risk and Compliance department of BMG are:
- Monitoring and measuring the compliance, operational, IT and security risks of BMG in a 2nd line role. Ensure that these are in conformity with the desired risk levels;
- Supporting the 1st line in meeting requirements resulting from ING's non-financial risk framework ("NFR Framework"). Supporting them in order to find the optimal balance between managing non financial risks and realizing operational, commercial and financial targets;
- Offering specialist knowledge and advice regarding non financial risks to the BMG organization;
- Performing monitoring activities to verify proper functioning of processes and controls;
- Participating in various projects, for example related to implementation of new and updated ING policies and external requirements. But also in projects regarding product, process or IT changes and improvements;
- Liaison for BMG with other ING departments (ORM, Compliance, Internal Audit) and external supervisory authorities, .
The focus of the job is on compliance risk management and within the compliance domain mainly on Financial Economic Crime (FEC).
Your main tasks will be as follows:
- Performing tasks as a junior compliance officer and assistant to the MLRO. These tasks cover the full FEC domain, both the customer (CDD, name screening) as the transaction side (post transaction monitoring cases, transactions blocked in transaction monitoring, suspicious activity reports). You will also be involved in non-FEC compliance tasks (e.g. Gifts & Entertainment reporting, inside information, etc.);
- Be pro-active in signaling relevant internal and external developments (e.g. legislation and policies) and trends. Translate these into possible impact for business processes;
- Contribute to the monitoring of the yearly "NFR-Non-Financial Risk" cycle" from a Compliance perspective;
- Contribute to meeting ING non-financial reporting requirements (e.g. Key Risk Indicators, incident reporting, quarterly risk reports, yearly compliance sign-off);
- Contribute in preparing the monthly meetings of the Non-Financial Risk Committee;
- Initiate and execute compliance monitoring activities, and contribute to training and compliance awareness activities.;
- Analysis of (compliance) incidents, using the outcome in improving the business and preventing reoccurrence;
- Participate in various projects in the field of non-financial risks from a 2nd line perspective;
- Liaise with other ING departments and external auditors. (. You will closely cooperate with other BMG 1st and 2nd line departments.
Essential skills and knowledge:
- University degree (preferably Law or Economics) or equivalent (e.g. bachelor degree with proven academic thinking level);
- Experience in the field of compliance, preferably in the field of Financial Economic Crime. Or alternatively in a legal environment related to Supervisory Laws;
- Communicative skills, able to explain compliance requirements to the business so that they can take their 1st line responsibility to manage the non-financial risk framework;
- Hands-on mentality and service minded;
- Drive to succeed and finalize tasks in time. Drive to deliver a high quality of work;
- Stand for what you have to stand for in your 2nd line role. But also have awareness that satisfying customer needs is our reason for existence;
- Be able to deal with various cases at the same time;
- Proficient in Dutch and English (verbal and in writing).
Most important is that there is a match between your personal skills and mentality and that of the department and organization. And that you have the drive and mentality to develop yourself and grow further into a more medior compliance role.
Salary & benefits
The job is a permanent position (36 or 40 hours per week). The ING Collective Labour Agreement applies. Job scale is 8 or 9 depending upon your experience.
How to apply
Apply directly online. Please enclose your CV as well as your motivation letter in English.