Legal Counsel Legal Capital Markets
- Den Helder, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Oct 17 2017-10-18
Legal Counsel Legal Capital Markets
ING is looking for...
a Legal Counsel for its Legal Capital Markets team.
ING's Legal Financial Markets in Amsterdam is seeking an enthusiastic, ambitious, diligent and pragmatic lawyer to join its Legal Capital Markets team.
ING Legal Financial Markets supports and advises the bank on a variety of legal matters related to the international capital markets. These include ensuring we comply with laws and regulations in all the countries we operate in, minimising legal risk, as well as providing expert legal advice to the business.
You will become part of a highly skilled and supportive Legal Capital Markets team of approximately 10 lawyers while enjoying a varied and extensive breadth of work. Legal Capital Markets supports, amongst others, Financial Markets and Corporate Finance of ING Wholesale Bank. The team advises on securities laws and regulations and provides legal support on global debt and equity offerings, set-up of debt programmes, high yield bond issues, structured debt transactions, corporate finance transactions, (secondary market) trading and clearing and any related projects.
As a Legal Counsel in the Legal Capital Markets team you will:
• Provide real-time legal advice in respect of regulatory issues, business initiatives and projects;
• Pro-actively manage legal risks within the business;
• Advise, negotiate, review, structure and document issues of debt instruments, such as commercial paper, medium term notes and structured debt for the professional clients of the bank;
• Work in close co-operation with the front office teams who work on Money Markets, Debt Capital Markets (including structured debt), Equity Capital Markets and Corporate Finance; and
• Become the 'go-to' person in the legal team in relation to your regulatory files, i.e. each team member will specialise in one or more a regulatory topics relevant to our business and provides both the business and the team itself with regular updates and teach-ins.
You have a Master's degree in Law from a reputable university. You have 2 to 5 years relevant working experience with a law firm, a regulatory authority or financial institution or corporate. You have affinity with financial services and securities laws and preferably understanding of financial markets' products, processes and documentation. You have the ability to interpret complex rules and regulations, and produce clear and practical guidance and advice. You have knowledge and understanding of key regulations such as the Prospectus Directive, MiFID I and II and the Financial Markets Supervision Act. You demonstrate clear reasoning and writing and sound judgment.
You are diligent, flexible and pragmatic with strong analytical skills. Additionally you have solid interpersonal skills which enable you to work collaboratively with colleagues and be responsive and pro-active in working with the business. Moreover you have a can do mentality, you can work under pressure and have plenty of energy and enthusiasm.
Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm
ING Legal Financial Markets offers its legal counsels broad possibilities for personal development of both legal and soft skills. You will be offered courses internally and externally, both in Amsterdam and internationally. Legal Financial Markets regularly organise seminars for the business and its legal teams on current topics. Furthermore you are encouraged to follow courses from the Wholesale Bank Academy.
Qualifications and requirements
• Master's degree in law;
• Analytical thinking and immune to stress;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English, additional language skills are considered as a plus;
• Preferably knowledge of and experience in the capital markets.
What we offer
- A dynamic and supportive international environment;
- A varied and interesting role on the highest level;
- Training both on the job and externally;
- A fulltime role of 40 hours per week in Amsterdam;
- Market conform remuneration;
- 27 holidays per year; and
- A national public transport card.
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job. For further inquiries, please contact Martijn Brinkhuis, Head Legal Capital Markets. Please send your CV and motivation. We are looking forward to your application! For more information on vacancies please check www.ING.nl/carriere .
This vacancy closes without notice. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.