SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST (HEERLEN)
- excellent primary and secondary benefits
- Heerlen, Limburg, Netherlands Heerlen Limburg NL
- Permanent, Full time
- Abbott Vascular Netherlands
- 09 Mar 18 2018-03-09
The Senior Financial Analyst will be expected to work independently in a team with other Financial Analysts to drive for timely and accurate analyses on financial processes, propose process improvements and cost improvements.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST TO JOIN OUR TEAM IN HEERLEN
Abbott Vascular Netherlands B.V. is one of the two tier 1 distribution Centers for Abbott Vascular. The Distribution Centre distributes products directly to end customers through Europe, to Tier 2 Dc’s, and to Distributors in the rest of the world. The local finance team consist of Financial Analysts, Business system analysts, and Transfer Price Specialists.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be expected to work independently in a team with other Financial Analysts to drive for timely and accurate analyses on financial processes, propose process improvements and cost improvements. The role also keeps close contact to our financial service providers. The Sr. Financial Analyst reports to the Finance Director.
Primary objective of the position
- To provide Management with analyses and advices, based on financial information focused on stakeholders needs, and in particular on the business needs. To initiate and realize ad hoc financial studies in support of the business or entity, in order to ensure optimized business decisions and strategies and to contribute to their development, translation in financial terms, and implementation. Closely follow up internal developments in his/her unit (business model, product portfolio, customer segmentation, financial structures).
- Maintain updated knowledge of the concepts, contents and tools of the financial databases, in order to be autonomous in getting information and reports.
- Provide the Finance Director with information from own perimeter, relevant for the preparation of the CAPEX and fixed cost budget, the rolling forecast and the 5 years plan.
- Compute and develop the budget for the own perimeter.
- Review the budget, and calculate the impact of detected variances on the results and cash flow.
- Identify the reasons for the variances, and discuss possible solutions with the management.
- Anticipate special events which will affect the normal evolution of the results and communicate this information to the Finance Director to take into account in the rolling forecast.
- Define or adapt, in consultation with own management, the financial and non-financial indicators of the scorecard.
- Participate in projects regarding improvements in the controlling and reporting processes and tools.
- Participate to initiatives and projects.
- Update cost accounting structure and allocation keys, following business needs and evolution, in order to ensure the quality of profitability analysis.
- Closely follow up overall political and economic evolutions.
- Closely follow up market evolutions in the unit’s supplier and/or customer market.
- Assess the impact of important changes on the business model of his/her unit.
- Acquire and maintain in-depth knowledge of functional systems (e.g. SAP).
- Analyze and validate all financial and non-financial data, available in ERP, to control and analyze, for the own perimeter, the performance against scorecard/plan.
- Prepare and provide monthly management reports, based on standards, for the management, including analyses, comments and recommendations.
- Collect local business information to propose accruals to local accounting, in order to reflect business operations in the P&L of the month (if applicable).
- Check reliability of cost accounting key figures (product costing, key activities and quantities) in order to ensure the quality of the profitability analysis.
- Provide local data and reports (Fixed Costs, Efficiency, Purchase Price Variance, CAPEX and Working Capital) to the Finance Director for the preparation of the monthly reporting at his/her level.
- Support the Finance Director in Profitability Analysis, Projects / Investments and Financial evaluations, regarding the own perimeter.
- Assist the Finance Director by preparing reports and performing profitability analyses.
- Provide all required information to internal and external auditors.
- Ensure the financial follow-up of non-consolidated companies and take necessary actions if deviations are detected.
- Initiate corrective measures in case of deviation versus objectives.
- Set up (dotation) and follow up of accruals (reversals / usage).
- Develop, implement and reporting of forecast (LBE).
- Support departments on site to manage the fixed assets procedure, including the CAPEX structure, and assure the application of the depreciation rules.
- Support within own perimeter the management through advice, information and financial expertise.
- Advise local Management concerning financial implications of specific projects.
- Manage, for the own unit, financial projects (cash management, credit limits, working capital optimization) and the financial aspects of organizational projects (ERP, risk management).
- Support the Finance Director or the Division to collect information requested by the stakeholders.
Educational background and Work Experience
- Higher Professional Education degree or University degree in Business Administration/ Finance or Accounting.
- 5 to 7 years of work experience within a (preferably in international finance).
- Prior experience of delivering complex data sets within given deadlines, while having strong informal influence skills towards the commercial partners who need to provide the input.
- Fluent (spoken and written) in English and Dutch.
What can we offer you?
Abbott provides a varied, challenging and international position in a dynamic and pleasant working environment. In our organization, you can count on excellent primary and secondary benefits, a positive working atmosphere, a personal growth plan, extensive training opportunities and good career perspective. We are in the business of advancement, both in health solutions and in the lives and careers of our employees. Our work across the world and in many areas of healthcare provides a rich environment for our employees to explore career paths, interests and opportunities.
How to apply?
If you are appealed by Abbott, looking for a job with meaning and recognize yourself in the outlined profile, please make your interest known. You can apply via the 'Apply' button with your resume and letter of application. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments referring this job profile to Meltem Cakir, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agency calls are not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Heerlen, Full-time, Financial advisor, Financial specialist.