Senior Risk Underwriter
This position allows you to deploy your know-how and your expertise in order to contribute to the growth of the company.
You will report to the Country Manager of the Dutch branch and work closely with your colleagues at the head office in Brussels.
As a Senior Risk Underwriter, these will be your main responsibilities:
- You will collect and analyse all information relevant to the assessment of short-term credit risks.
- You will assess debtors' creditworthiness.
- You will decide on possible insurance conditions or submit proposals to the credit committee and the executive committee.
- You will be a contact person for existing and potential clients and brokers; you will advise them, answer their questions, discuss their needs, and analyse together with them which steps to take.
- You will be responsible for the follow-up of decisions taken regarding credit and credit risks in the portfolio.
- You will consult and monitor developments in policies and proposed credit conditions on the market, as well as evolutions in macro- and microeconomic conditions in regions and countries where Credendo - Short-Term Non-EU Risks' customers are active.
- You will ensure the administrative follow-up of the files in the portfolio and keep the statistics up to date.
- You have a master's degree with a specialisation in economics, finance, law or trade.
- Your mother tongue is Dutch or you have a native level of speaking and writing in Dutch. You are also proficient in business English.
- You are customer-focused and have a commercial attitude.
- You have excellent analytical and synthetic skills and you like to work with figures.
- You are able to convince others and present your analyses and ideas orally and in writing.
- You are dynamic and result-oriented; you take initiative and have a sense of responsibility.
- You are organised and stress-resistant.
- You are eager to learn and have a broad interest in international economic and financial news.
- You have at least five years of experience in underwriting (trade) credit risks.
- The opportunity to join a young Dutch organisation with growth potential, integrated in a European group.
- A unique opportunity to help build a starting organisation with a lot of responsibility, freedom and growth opportunities.
- Continuous learning opportunities to develop your talents.
- A competitive salary.
- Our office in Rotterdam is located in the city centre and is easily accessible by public transport