Business Analyst Data Warehouse
- The Hague, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- NN Investment Partners
- 18 Sep 17
We are looking for an experienced colleague to strengthen a data squad, who is able to combine a Business Analyst role together with a QA oversight role across the DWH area. You understand the importance of data in an Asset Management or Investment Banking organization and you can easily combine your analytical and testing skills with great communication abilities. You thrive on teamwork and collective success is most important to you. You can build solid relationships with your team and throughout a company and you are looking for a new challenge in an ambitious, international, and agile work environment.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Your team mates
- Turning user stories into valuable products
- Requirements gathering, impact analysis
- Provide vision and support on testing and safeguard QA across all DWH teams
- Solution design in the DWH area
- Build and test following a logical model alongside with business users
- Data modelling and data mapping
- Draft & Plan test cases together with external (offshore) parties
- Support End to End and UAT Testing, and track and report on progress
- Ensure top quality software for our business and our clients
Your experience and skills
- Experience of data warehousing, and knowledge of ETL processes and tooling
- Experience with data virtualization is considered a plus
- Experience with test set-up, planning and execution within a data warehouse domain
- Able to draft a risk based test approach
- Preferably experienced with Asset Management processes
- Documentation skills: writing/reviewing functional/technical designs
- Experience of data modelling (Kimball)
- Knowledge of SQL language
- Agile / SCRUM experience
- Experienced in test automation
- Familiarity with Denodo, Powercenter and / or QuerySurge is a plus
- Teamwork and enthusiasm for agile way of working.
- Willingness to operate at functional solution level, and hands on attitude.
- Ability to transform a business requirement into a functional design including data mappings
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent people skills, working within a team, and with customers, relationship management
This job requires interaction between IT and business, as well as interaction between NNIP and external parties. Good communication skills (English), sound interpersonal and team working skills are a must.
Your department and challenge
- Our data domain delivers Data Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Application Integration Technology to our Investment Management organization. We take the lead in integration projects, together with business technology experts.
- The data domain teams combine data integration and business analysis skills into one group. We are a centre of excellence within NNIP, delivering data analysis, development, testing and delivery.
- The Business Analyst Data warehouse position is internally referred to as IT Specialist.
We offer you
- The opportunity to influence the future of an international top-tier asset manager;
- An entrepreneurial and performance driven culture that gives you the freedom to use your talent, express your ideas and execute them;
- A multicultural, professional and dynamic environment stimulating you to get the best out of you and accelerate your career development;
- Modern working conditions that give room for individual choices.
Application & contact
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, Claire Ramaker, Senior Recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that applications via e-mail and third party applications are not taken into consideration.