Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a leading metals group looking to hire a General Manager to join their aluminium plant in Norway.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- In charge of a primary aluminium plant (smelter for ingots and billets) with a headcount of over 400 employees; Responsible for all daily operations including management of financial and operational administration as well as development of personnel
- Ensure a smooth and effective organisation of all divisions and workforce within the plant while increasing the operational efficiency and profitability as well as while driving quality improvements on produced products
- Guarantee a strong communication and cooperation with the headquarter to develop directions for the aluminium smelter activities, meet production targets and enforce company interests and regulations in compliance with statutory requirements
- Represent the plant externally, defend the company’s interests within the country as well as implement an effective cooperation with local trade unions
- Reports into the Group’s Director of the Aluminium Division
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Strong management experience within a metals production as a general manager, plant manager etc. and preferably a metallurgical background as well as aluminium experience
- Experienced in managing 300+ people (industrial workforce) as well as excellent leadership, negotiation, intercultural and communication skills
- Degree in metallurgy and/or business management, specialisation in aluminium favoured
- Citizenship in Norway or CH/EEA/EU and fluency in English
- Located in Norway or happy to relocate to Scandinavia (remote location)