Senior Data Scientist
Cognizant AI & Analytics Practice
AI & Analytics (AIA) is part of Cognizant Digital Business. Our key offerings organized within Data Modernisation and Intelligence. AIA is responsible for selling (Business Development) and implementing these offerings (Delivery). Our selling point is the way we organize and train our people. The Cognizant skill-pool is extensive and is experienced in coming together to deliver a multidisciplinary solution. It is key we have people with the right skills that are trained on the relevant technologies & methodologies. That is the role of the AIA Guilds and Communities: AIA Architecture, Data Engineering, Data Governance, Data Visualisation, and Data Science.
The Data Science Community is organized by geographies so as to keep the leaders close to the people they are mentoring and support the local business development effort: UK & Ireland, Germany & Switzerland (DACH), Benelux, Spain & Nordics.
We are looking for a Data Science Practitioner [Engineer] for . You will be working in a variety of data science settings, using a diverse set of tools to automat computational statistics. Usually the analytics automation is a component of an end-to-end solution and you will collaborate within a multi-disciplinary team. The work the Guild is involved in Europe covers many industries such as Pharmaceutical, Banking, Finance, Insurance, Manufacturing, Retail, Telecommunications, Utilities & Government.
Lately a significant of work we do is in the Cloud using Python. We are in leveraging Cognizant's Evolutionary AI solution (https://www.cognizant.com/ai/evolutionary-ai). We constantly adapt to the market needs and are flexible on the choice of technology. Your Role
This role combines aspects of delivering analytical solutions on customer site or in one of the Cognizant offices, alone or as part of a team.
When your career progresses, you will get opportunities to design of analytical solutions, lead delivery of analytical solutions, and people management and mentoring. Key responsibilities:
- Work on delivery project as a member of an experienced consulting team developing and applying advanced analytics & Machine Learning methodologies.
- Executes a data collection plan from both structured and unstructured sources that helps in data exploration, hypothesis testing and statistical modelling.
- Design, develop, and implement models, proof-of-concepts and pre-product prototypes that can be used to generate business decisions.
- Be able to challenge/complement the current methods used. Able to critically evaluate and propose the correct model and suggest improvements.
- Prepare presentations and reports on findings as well as recommend next steps to ensure successful project completion
- Seek and develop innovative methods and processes and keep up to date on latest trends, tools and advancements in the area of analytics and data
- Interacting with the wider European Data Science Guild, the rest of the European Guilds and other Cognizant Business Units globally.
- Contribution to & participation in the shaping of the Data Science Guild and its activities
As you develop, you career you will get opportunities to lead and manage teams and become a subject matter expert for an industry or methodology. Your Profile
- A university degree in Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or Operations Research area - or the acquisition of such skills through professional experience
- consultative approach regarding identifying client issues and commitment to delivering high quality solutions
- Collaborative team player
- Know-how in different statistical programming languages such as Python, R, SAS
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Flexibility to travel
- Nice to have ability to converse in the local language