Manager, Internal Audit
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with Management of business units for which incumbent has been assigned risk assessment responsibility.
- To develop a good understanding of business strategy, plans, products, processes performance, risks and issues, and communication of these to Audit Management via risk-based assessments.
- Implement the strategic audit plan by leading, performing or supporting, as appropriate, the planning, fieldwork, and reporting of internal audit engagements to deliver agreed assurance objectives to established standards and timelines.
- Tracking of Audit issues to resolution.
- To assist the development and maintenance of Audit test programs that reflects current business organization and operating environment.
- Participate in ad hoc assignments / special projects within Group Internal Audit / Bank as may be assigned.
- Share knowledge, skills and experience with team members to guide and assist in their development.
- To identify and escalate significant issues.
- Ability to perform role of 'Change Leader'.
- Qualified Accountant with audit experience gained through either public practice or through working within a banking internal audit function
- Willingness and capacity to learn on the job with the view of medium term progression further within both Internal Audit and elsewhere in the Standard Chartered group.
- Ability to collect and objectively analyse and apply information, "thinking out of the box" where necessary, in supporting the planning, fieldwork or reporting of results of internal audit engagements.
- Displays initiative and knows when and how to seek guidance.
- Responds enthusiastically to tasks allocated, accepts responsibility readily and demonstrates business professionalism in personal appearance.
- Well-organised with the ability to prioritise and plan workload to ensure delivery to timescales.
- Ability to work in a team and willingness to assist team members when needed.
- Flexibility to work across different functions and situations globally, and change priorities at short notice.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrates understanding of and commitment to the Group's core values.
- Ability to commit to > 20% business travel.
- Ability to perform role of change agent.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .