Corporate Governance Data Analyst - Japanese Language Specialist
The Corporate Governance Data Associate shall be primarily responsible for collecting and analyzing corporate governance information from issuer filings, press releases, company websites, and news reports for ensuring quality data input supporting various ESG products and services. Scope of Responsibility
• Searching and processing corporate governance information on MSCI's CG universe using acceptable methods, techniques and sources
• Developing subject matter expertise and taking ownership of corporate governance knowledge within the organization
• Liaising and communicating effectively with other groups such ESG Research, Controversies and others to improve understanding of corporate governance and data collection methodologies
• Conducting frequent research for the purpose of procuring, verifying and processing data by browsing through various financial, exchange and government regulator websites and materials as well as corporate governance databases.
• Meeting pre-determined turn-around goals for work assignments Specific Knowledge/Skills
• Good judgment in assessing available information and converting them into scores or parameters applicable (analyst will be trained)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Nihongo and English.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with clear attention to detail
• Highly motivated, independent, results-oriented, possessing a strong sense of ownership
• Thrives in deadline driven situations, self-motivated and enjoys working with a team.
• Ability to work with complex data sets with consistently high levels of comprehension and to apply defined CG methodology appropriately Desired Experience
• Experience (i.e., library /information services/ database research, etc.) in a high-quality and hard deadline-driven environment.
• Experience in a Corporate Governance capacity is desirable but not required.
• Prior knowledge of corporate governance and/or financial markets is an advantage.
• Willingness to work beyond traditional working hours/days as required by the business Desired Qualifications
• At least a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Company Law, or similar field of study.
• Candidates with at least 2 years experience in a data collection role or translation work with manuals, transcripts and annual reports will be prioritized.
• JLPT level must at least N3. Non-native speakers will be required to take a Berlitz proficiency exam. To all recruitment agencies
: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.