AML/KYC Team Manager, Officer
Purpose of the role:
AML/KYC Team Manager is responsible for the day to day management and leadership of the AML/KYC Team. In addition, AML/KYC Team Manager is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate delivery of the end to end AML/KYC process, with a focus on all risk rated entities for onboarding new customers and accounts, completion of periodic reviews, event driven reviews of existing customers/account, reporting of Team's performance. Job responsibilities:
- Ensuring State Street AML Compliance Policies with respect to AML/KYC procedures are followed.
- Responsible for a team of associates in ensuring timely and accurate delivery of service to State Street EMEA sites.
- Monitoring and managing the workload, setting up priorities to ensure deliverables are met daily by AML/KYC Analysts.
- Supervising and reviewing status reports for senior management.
- Notifying stakeholders of operational issues.
- Engage, lead and drive conversations with key stakeholders with regards to the execution and accurate tracking of key deliverables from the EMEA BU AML Centre.
- Encourage the team to follow the speak up, listen up values - including timely escalation of AML concerns, suspicious activity or any corporate policy breaches.
- Assist in departmental projects as required.
- Serve as an escalation point for operational issues.
Required skills and experience:
- Develop effective working relationships and communication with direct reports and ensure that team members are motivated and supported.
- Hold 1 to 1 meetings to ensure that feedback regarding individual performance is provided to every direct report.
- Demonstrate the 'Risk Excellence' culture in your behaviour and nurture the same within the team and encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members' behaviour in performing their roles.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your own and staff behavior.
- Hiring and training staff for the department.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory KYC/AML requirements required
- At least 6 years of experience in any of the following areas: KYC/AML, Client On Boarding, Compliance, Financial Crime or Risk function
- Team leadership experience: 2-3 years as a minimum (performance and workload management, staff recruitment, leading team meeting and 1-to-1s, setting KPIs
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff
- Excellent English communication skills required - both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Professional agility: ability to prioritise workloads and work to strict deadlines; quickly adapt and respond to change
About State Street What we do.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.