Beneficial Shareholder Reporting Senior Specialist, Senior Associate
Act as a point of contact with our clients, sub-custodians and internal departments for market activities and inquiries, including beneficial shareholder data reporting .
Take any necessary actions needed to keep our clients funds compliant, in particular: administer the receipt, validation and fulfillment of security issuer requests for beneficial shareholder data where required by law or statute.
Ensure prompt responses and processing on all email inquiries and phone inquiries. Follow up on exception situations and facilitate timely problem resolution to mitigate risk to the corporation and deliver excellent service to clients. Works with senior management keeping them informed of new developments, service issues, new business opportunities and department volumes and reporting. Individual Accountabilities:
Shared Team Responsibilities:
- Deliver highly valued services to clients to ensure quality services are consistently delivered and clients are offered State Street's full range of services as their needs and our services evolve.
- Manage daily calls and emails for various inquiries, change requests, etc. from clients and Staff.
- Ensure superior client satisfaction by acting as an advocate for clients and ensuring client issues are satisfactorily resolved. Proactive identification of client needs and potential internal issues impacting client satisfaction.
- Report to client periodically (monthly, quarterly, annually) with reporting format defined by the client.
- Display and provide expertise in Beneficial Shareholder Reporting area.
- Manage internal and client expectations.
- Attend knowledge and training sessions for reporting requirements as they evolve.
- Administer a considerable volume of beneficial shareholder requests by security issuers or their agents.
- Analyze the requests for validity based on a legal summary of disclosure requirements.
- Review all output for completeness and accuracy.
- Regularly and effectively communicate statuses to issuers and their agents.
- Provide periodic metrics of productivity.
- Monitor Global Market Bulletins and notify client of any new requirements.
- Promote and complete all activities in line with internal standards (SOPS, Job Aids etc.).
Experience / Qualification / Key Skills / Attributes:
- Work in conjunction with staff as well as other business units, shared services/COEs, outsource partners, external clients as needed to resolve issues/discrepancies and ensure client satisfaction through seamless processing, accuracy, and adherence to all SLAs/internal standards/guidelines.
- Liaise with COE's, shared service teams and other business units as required to escalate and resolve client's service/ operational issue.
- Internally focused and held accountable for making sure that functions and tasks are performed accurately and in accordance with defined time frames and client requirements.
- Typically has daily contact with Sub-custodians, Client Service, Client Management, COEs and BU Shared Service teams. Consults with manager where clarification or exception to policy may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 3+ years of related experience in a financial services role.
- Minimal level of legal experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of various Microsoft applications including but not limited to Word and Excel.
- Very strong critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Strategic and analytical skills to develop effective client engagements.
- Fluent English skills both spoken and written.
- Administrative and organizational skills to effectively manage operational requests and issues.
- Accuracy and detail-orientated.
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines driven environment.
- Employee savings plan.
- Premium life insurance package.
- VIP medical package.
- Home Office possibilities.
- International operating environment.
- Language classes.
- Soft skills trainings.
- Technical workshops.
- Technical or leadership career pathway.