Business Analysis Manager, Officer
Who we are looking for
The Officer Business Analysis Manager is responsible for liaising with business teams in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes in business processes, policies and information systems.
Mentor junior colleagues and share best BA practices. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Business Analysis Manager you will
What we value
- Analyse of new system enhancements/regulatory changes/ operational process improvements requests to understand in detail impact on business functions and systems
- Work with business representatives to understand requirements, scope and acceptance criteria
- Define mapping of "as-is" and "to-be" business processes
- Document requirements according to standard templates using natural language
- Obtain appropriate sign-off
- Escalate of risks and issues to Project Manager
- Work closely with developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Write User Manuals, Training Material and Application Support Documents as required
- Proactively identify and contribute to the evolution of the BA Charter/Methodology to industry best practice, to meet the changing requirements of customers, to improve efficiency, or to reduce risk
- Drive and challenge Business Units on their assumptions of how they can execute business processes
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in systems and processes
- Mentor direct reports in more complex analysis by setting up analysis approach
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of requirements and project life cycle.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation
- Ability to ask right questions and ability to interpret and present gathered information
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having determination to follow things through
- Experience in managing the team (setting up goals, provide feedback, develop employees)
- Understanding different project methodologies (Waterfall/Agile)
- At least 4 years of business analysis experience in a financial services
- Knowledge of BPMN and process modeling system (for example: Visio, Bizagi)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office: (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Visio)
About State Street What we do.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers