Cash Operations Specialist (Italian Speaker) , Associate -1
Who we are looking for
Accountant in Cash Department is responsible for the correct and timely processing specific activities performed in the areas of Cash Management:
- day-to-day cash activities - monitoring, reviewing and validating all daily activity to ensure accuracy and timeliness in calculations and processing;
- payment instructions processing;
- cash reconciliation;
- CBI contracts;
- Tax payments.
The role will involve a contact with internal entities and other groups within State Street.
The Accountant in Cash Department is a main point of contact for all other supporting functions and is responsible for analyzing information, monitoring and resolving queries received from external parties. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Cash Operations Specialist you will
What we value
- Demonstrating timely and accurate processing at all times in accordance with Fund/internal and external client's deadlines, operating procedures and legal regulations.
- Engaging in building an effective working relationship with internal and external clients.
- Supporting day to day running of the team.
- Involvement in departmental ad-hoc projects.
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members if necessary.
- Preparation of various weekly and monthly reports for management review. Compiling and categorizing data used for monthly operational metrics.
- Making recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and preparing documentation for review as required.
- Undertaking appropriate housekeeping duties e.g. filing, archiving, carrying out a clean desk policy.
- Taking responsibility for personal development and training.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Taking Ownership and Initiative
- Ensuring accuracy and quality
- Providing outstanding service
- Communicating effectively
- Displaying insight & influence
- Fostering collaboration and teamwork
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Accuracy and ability to work within tight deadlines.
- PC literate and competent in use of MS Excel spreadsheets, MS Word and MS Outlook.
- Basic understanding of fund administration would be useful but not essential.
- Good level of English.
- Good level of Italian (B1/ B2, C1/C2)
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a team environment
- Quick in thinking, reflection & execution
- A thorough understanding of fund services is required
- University Students or Graduates
- (preferably Business, Engineering and/or Law)
- Previous experience in financial industry preferred but not essential.
About State Street What we do.
- Premium life insurance package;
- Employee savings plan;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers