Continuous Improvement Manager, Officer
About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Responsibilities:
Core Business Requirements
- Continuous Improvement Manager is acting as a Project Manager is responsible for meeting project goals within agreed scope, time and budget;
- The jobholder may also assist the Program Manager/Portfolio Manager with large regional projects;
- The jobholder will be primarily accountable for Process Reengineering-type projects;
- The jobholder may be involved in Transition-type projects transferring work into/out of Poland.
- Project Management responsibilities:
- Oversees projects to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with established specifications, schedules and budgets;
- Leads engagement work planning, scoping, and budget development in line with engagement strategy and deliverables; assembles engagement team;
- Provides overall engagement management, including work plan, issue resolution, and close management of scope change;
- Ensures efficient communication and relationship management with multiple stakeholders including (Sponsors, Senior Management, PMO, project members, business units, end users);
- Secures prioritization and time management to support multiple projects/tasks in parallel;
- Provides management of a temporary project team within the matrix reporting structure (if applicable);
- Secures adherence to State Street's internal Project Management methodologies and standards;
- Produces required reporting according to needs of stakeholders;
- Provides risk and Issues identification and mitigation;
- Collaborates with other PMO team members on local PMO processes.
- Process Improvement/Change Management responsibilites:
- Supports business in identifying broken processes and value opportunities by providing leadership and technical expertise for development and implementation of different process improvement ideas;
- Leads and delivers on process reengineering projects that drive strategic change at State Street Poland;
- Coaches and trains staff in the use of continuous improvement tools;
- Facilitates Lean best practices/knowledge sharing across the entire organization;
- Works with local, regional and global Lean Champions to build problem-solving capabilities and support culture change at State Street Poland.
- 3-5 years of proven project management experience (preferably in leading continous improvement initiatives).
- Good knowledge of project management and continuous improvement methodologies & techniques (e.g. PMP, Prince, BPMN, Lean/Six Sigma Green/Black Belt)
- Proficiency in English is a must.Excellent analytical skills.
- Problem solving ability.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Evidence of strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent managerial skills enabling managing project team working under tight deadlines.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills including experience in face to face presentations to senior management.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
Work, Live and Grow.
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers