Depositary Operations Manager, Officer
Who we are looking for:
The Depositary Manager is responsible for managing the Depositary Group. In order to efficiently and effectively manage the operations of the Depositary Team. The Depositary Manager sets the operational goals for the Depositary group as a whole, and the operational and personal development goals for the individual team members including Depositary Team Leaders, observes the status of the operations and provides additional management attention whenever needed, manages the risks within the Depositary Group, on an operational and a human resources level. The Depositary Manager keeps the Department Head (AVP or VP) informed of problems and successes within the Depositary Group . What you will be responsible for:
What we value:
- Ensuring team/group is achieving accuracy and meeting pre-determined deadlines;
- Carrying out responsibilities fairly and impartially; creating and maintaining an engaged work environment and ensure appropriate communications channels are in place;
- Assisting in development and implementing new workflow approaches and methods as well as system enhancements;
- Collaborating with internal and external groups to identify, analyzing and proactively resolve issues;
- Being a key point of contact for internal clients when urgent needs arise
- Authority to hire, discipline, control work and terminate employment for direct reports and broader team as needed;
- Providing coaching and development opportunities to staff;
- Accountability and responsibility for completing and delivering PPRs on time;
- Ensuring SOPs/regulations are met and escalate as needed;
- Being a product expert for COE. Comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge of overall process and operating model;
- Identifying all risk issues, breaches and suspicious transactions and act in accordance with the 'risk' escalation chain and operating procedures;
- Implementing and communicating to staff, advise changes to the risk framework and/or escalation chain;
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Education & Preferred Qualifications::
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Attention to detail crucial;
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written;
- Methodical and organized;
- Team player;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Good management skills.
- 4+ years experience in finance, custody or funds fund administration would be recommended;
- 2+ years in a role of people manager;
- Fluent English;
- Knowledge of German would be an asset.
About State Street What we do.
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow
. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers.