Derivatives Manager, Officer
Purpose Of Role:
Supporting financial derivatives processes for Derivatives Centre of Excellence . The Derivative Manager is responsible for supervising services provided by the group headed by Team Supervisor, ensuring operational projects administration and execution, as well as identification of potential risk areas. The strong staff management and client servicing skills are required. Specific Duties: Principal Tasks
Leadership and Management
- Understands role of individual and department within Derivatives CoE and is able to navigate within department to achieve desired results.
- Carries out daily responsibilities independently with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Holds self and/or others accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments, deadlines, or milestones.
- Clearly communicates complex operational or technical subjects to internal or external clients, both in formal and informal settings.
- Viewed by subordinates, superiors, and external clients as demonstrating maturity, professional conduct and common courtesy.
- Supports and motivates others to reach goals.
- Utilizes diverse workforce and talent to attain individual, team, and department goals
- Shows a positive attitude in changing organizational situations
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports.
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behaviour; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for the Senior Associate(s) and/or A2s within your charge.
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to Senior Associate(s) and /or A2s on technical, professional and client issues.
- Agree goals for Senior Associate(s) and/or A2s & team annually and keep up to date on the PPR system during the year.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of Senior Associate(s) and/or A2s - providing regular formal and informal feedback ensuring the PPR system is updated within corporate deadlines.
- Manage resources & take responsibility for the recruitment of new staff.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives. Supervises subordinates and interacts with supervisors, other functional areas, management and internal/external clients to complete objectives. Makes decisions by applying department and company policies.
- Develops and directs work schedules and monitors work flow to achieve established goals and objectives for Derivatives CoE.
- Thorough supervision of activities, impacts budgets, costs, and schedules. Responsible for recommending changes in guidelines, procedure, and policies: faulty decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays and result in additional expenditure of time, human resources, and funds.
Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
- Reporting to a Senior Fund Accounting Manager, responsible for a team/teams. Second level of supervision to Team Supervisor.
- Exposed to daily operational duties and any other non-business aspects that may influence department, e.g. personnel actions including employment, termination, performance reviews and performance improvement plans conduction.
State Street Employee Handbook
Internal Procedures Manual
Performance Planning and Review System (PPR) Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
Level Of Education:
- Confident in dealing with all situations; Excellent Communication; Organisational and Report Writing skills; Proficient in the use of MS Office tools including Word and Excel.
- Proven experience of team management in a financial services environment.
Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent. Previous Level Of Experience:
4+ years working in the provision of fund administration services or have worked in another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years. Core Competencies
- Exercise sound judgment in all matters
- Leverage knowledge and technology to ensure optimal results
- Drive execution of all client and business related tasks
- Provide outstanding service to all client/s - internally & externally
- Communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Display organizational insight & influence
- Foster collaboration & team work
- Develop talent
- Leader / Motivator