Senior Java Developer, AVP
Who we are looking for:
This position is for a strong technical, hands-on software development lead role to execute large complex projects within the State Street "Derivatives Hub" (DHub). DHub is the middle and back office solution for listed Options and Futures; Over the Counter (OTC) derivatives; Cleared derivatives products. The position requires designing/developing Java components including J2EE, Oracle, SQL/PLSQL, and a queueing technology.The person in this role will be completely hands-on and will work with cross-functional teams and will also require coordinating team development efforts. What you will be responsible for:
- Develop and maintain middle-tier and backend modules using Java, Spring web services, streaming, messaging, PL/SQL and hibernate technologies.
- Play a key developer role in an experienced, energetic onshore/offshore team on a rapid, agile development schedule
- Work closely with the product owners and analysts to design, model, and develop changes for both new and existing projects
- Triage production issues by reviewing code and logs as needed and come up with solutions
- Key hands on resource with 7+ years of strong software programming experience in the server side Java development of robust, reliable and high-performance solutions.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent or related field
- Experience with software development lifecycle and software development common practices (code reviews, unit testing etc.).
- Experience with managing and resolving problems on a live production system.
- Good understanding of SQL performance tuning techniques including query plan understanding and management, SQL tracing, DB stats, indexing techniques, using AWR reports etc., desirable.
Experience with software development lifecycle and software development common practices (code reviews, unit testing etc.).This includes setting and enforcing standards around:
o System design and review
o Code review
o Build practices and Continuous Integration
Experience required in:
o Maven/Gradle/Ant/SBT experience
o TDD, JUnit
o Experience with VCS, i,e,. Git
o Understanding of OOP vs Functional programming
o Understanding of MicroService architectures
o Competency in Oracle to work with SQL
o Cloud based development experience. Additional qualifications:
What We Offer:
- Ability to analyze business requirements and develop solutions to the business needs
- Strong communication skills, self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly responsible.
- Strong collaboration skills, working with multiple teams in various locations in an agile environment.
- Past experience working in the Financial industry especially Derivatives or Financial industry highly preferred
Why this role is important to us:
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- Multisport card/cinema tickets / money transfer
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street: What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers