Senior Lawyer, Officer
About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Global Legal Center of Excellence Summary
State Street's Global Legal Center of Excellence ("GLCOE") located in Gdansk, Poland, provides core legal support to State Street's global business units and corporate functions, including drafting, negotiating and finalizing agreements, supporting key Legal Department initiatives and providing related legal support services. GLCOE is a dynamic team that is committed to delivering exemplary legal support to its global clients. Scope of responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for drafting, negotiating and finalizing ISDA Master Agreements, Credit Support Annexes and related ISDA legal documentation for the State Street Global Markets business, specifically supporting our foreign exchange business globally. Agreements are governed by the laws of various global jurisdictions (e.g., England, United States, Australia) and negotiated in accordance with relevant internal trainings, within defined risk parameters and to ensure compliance with regulations applicable to State Street (e.g., EMIR, Dodd Frank);
- Managing processes and projects in connection with other legal documentation transitioning to GLCOE (e.g., agreements supporting global custody and administrative services product offerings; global markets product agreements; and non-disclosure agreements (NDAs);
- Managing working groups responsible for transition of new types of agreements to the GLCOE;
- Maintaining and updating existing GLCOE documentation;
- Working cooperatively with State Street Business Units and local Legal Teams globally in escalating and resolving legal issues;
- Training, supervising and ensuring continuous quality of work of more junior members of the team;
- Supporting legal-related corporate initiatives and projects.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a law firm or in-house legal department, preferably within financial services sector and/or international law firm or international company;
- Previous experience in ISDA Agreements or similar industry standard contracts preferable, but not essential;
- Law school graduate (attorney-at-law license is a plus); Excellent legal and business English skills;
- Significant contract negotiation and drafting experience; Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills and develop full job ownership;
- Ability to interact with people from multiple levels within the organization and in multiple jurisdictions;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and strong attention to details;
- Ability to work independently.
Work, Live and Grow
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers.