Senior Market Risk Analyst, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
State Street Global Exchange Analytics' truView platform is a web-based application providing a full suite of analytics that give clients insight into the risks and performance of their investment portfolios. Supporting all asset classes the platform produces analytics such as: stress testing, value at risk (VaR), position specific analytics for derivatives (delta, gamma, vega etc.) and fixed income characteristics such as duration and convexity. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Global Exchange (SSGX). SSGX is a State Street business unit that provides data and analytics solutions to asset owners and asset managers, as well as banks and insurance companies. Global Exchange helps our clients make more informed investment decisions. Our broad product line provides a consistent way of looking at risk and performance from front to middle office.
Join us if making your mark in research for investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Senior Market Risk Analyst, Senior Associate you will
What we value
- Reconcile risk results against accounting reports and independent data. Investigates further where necessary
- Have a good understanding on risk techniques and valuation methods (Value At Risk, Stress Testing, Exposures, Greeks, BackTesting)
- Assist in specifying new functionality to further streamline operational processes
- Provide support, resolve client issues, and demonstrate a firm understanding of the product to users (risk managers, traders etc.)
- Review risk reports before delivering to existing clients
- Develop and execute user acceptance tests
- Assist team development & in the implementation projects for new risk clients
- Work co-operatively with other risk groups in different locations and time zones
- Be responsible for other project-based tasks as assigned
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Highly motivates, multi-task capable and willingness to learn and develop within role.
- Proven work experience with SQL query and Advanced Excel.
- Bloomberg and/or Reuters knowledge
- Degree in Applied Mathematics/Finance/Economics or related field
- FRM or CFA qualification an advantage
- Typically 4+ years of experience in Financial Services
- Strong understanding of financial markets and risk management techniques.
About State Street What we do.
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No Intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training's
- Technical workshops
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers